Photo
- - - - -

RV:Was Aleister Crowley A Vampire.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 SAINT MICHAEL

SAINT MICHAEL

Disciple

• Darkling
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 September 2003 - 11:53 PM

And for the young ones aleister crowley was a notorious occultist, who use to practice black magic, worship, statan, and drink virgen blood. I read a short book on him that anton lavey wrote about him but he did not mention anything about him being a vampier, anton was another sick basterd, but a good writer, but for the older folkes in here maby you could inlighten me....................

#2 Barnabas

Barnabas

Inconnu

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 1,587 posts
  • Interests:Pissing as many people off as I can.

Posted 16 September 2003 - 02:19 AM

:blink: At best crowley would have been an HLV...but from what I have read...his blood drinking had more to do with geining mystical powers from the "dark side" for lack of a better term...
He was a very evil man...and some believed that through all of his depraved actions he was able to control demons and send them to kill anyone who he willed...
But no...he was no vampire...he was as you said...a sick bastard... B)

Adios...bite ya later

*I just realized I will never die...I am not good enough for heaven or hell*

#3 Clearwitch

Clearwitch

Antediluvian

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,133 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 03:34 AM

Like nightstalkker said, he drank blood for magical purposes...that doesn't make you vampiric. Several cultures has practiced ritual blooddrinking, it's a common phenomena. As for Anton LaVey's credibility, I trust Donald Duck more than I trust LaVey...the guy was a habitual liar.

#4 SAINT MICHAEL

SAINT MICHAEL

Disciple

• Darkling
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 03:54 AM

That dipends on what part of any of his books you would call a lie, however yes aton was a bit out there, as for tfe blood drinking in his book he says that he needed to drink blood, you might be looking at the father of this vampier thing.But anywas he was a sick bastered and iam sure that he is paying for all the sins he did while he was alive, and iam kinda glad he is gone, and hes sick out look is only in the books we read...................

#5 Clearwitch

Clearwitch

Antediluvian

• Twilight
  • 32,133 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 04:19 AM

He also said he worked in a circus...and visited Germany...I wouldn't trust this whole blooddrinking thing...

#6 RobinBird

RobinBird

Ghoul

• Spawn
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 12:57 PM

^_^ How perfectly wonderful. Thanks for giving me a reason to talk my head off.

Aleister Crowley was a mystic who lived during the turn of the 19th century. He was very persuaded towards the belief that he was the incarnate beast of 666 that the Holy Bible mentions in Revelations. He was an interesting fellow. As you say he practiced dark magic, strange rituals. The practices he had were quickly labeled 'satanic' by the common religious fanatics of his time. Christianity was only just being questioned as the foundation for all things back then. That is his original link to Satanism.
Around 1900 he became the leader for a breakthrough 'pagan' cult called the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn. Over the last century both Aleister Crowley and the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn have been labeled by pagan enthusiasts to have been responsible for the tolerance of paganism that we experience today.
In his lifetime Aleister Crowley was involved in such wide ranging projects as Yoga formations, holistic medicine, and everything occult. He eventually gave designs for a tarot deck with cooperation of Arthur Edward Waite and he also wrote many books towards the end of his life. By famous people such as Anton Szandor LaVey(founded Church of Satan in 1966) and Arthur Waite (philosopher) he was considered a prophet and godfather to ritualistic practices.

To answer your question, he did incorporate (fearless of the law, i might add) bloodletting practices into his ceremonies.

As I've said before Crowley did acknowledge many times that he was the Great Dragon, beast or anti-christ. He never claimed to be a 'vampire'. Living or otherwise.

:lol: Crowley did love publicity however, and I'm sure if he got the idea that it would help, he would have claimed it, but he never did.

He did publish the exact ceremonies of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn. They might interest you. None of them involve the blood of virgins though, sorry.... *snicker*

:)

Robin

#7 SAINT MICHAEL

SAINT MICHAEL

Disciple

• Darkling
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 10:49 PM

call me ingnorant, devil worship pegan magic blackmagic vampires witches demons blooddrinking its all the same to me, in my world they are no shades of gray...................

#8 Barnabas

Barnabas

Inconnu

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 1,587 posts
  • Interests:Pissing as many people off as I can.

Posted 16 September 2003 - 11:43 PM

-_- I am afraid I am going to have to agree with saint michael...there are no shades of gray...
I have stated my personal beliefs before so I will not go into them again...
I believe though that the two most evil men in history were crowley and hitler...
'nuff said.. <_<

Adios...bite ya later

*I just realized I will never die...I am not good enough for heaven or hell*

#9 Clearwitch

Clearwitch

Antediluvian

• Twilight
  • 32,133 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 04:49 AM

call me ingnorant, devil worship pegan magic blackmagic vampires witches demons blooddrinking its all the same to me, in my world they are no shades of gray...................

What are they to you? Good or bad?

#10 SAINT MICHAEL

SAINT MICHAEL

Disciple

• Darkling
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 07:47 AM

bad.

#11 RobinBird

RobinBird

Ghoul

• Spawn
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 11:36 AM

Hrmm.... ^_^
Well, I cannot judge someone I've never ment (and I never will, since he's dead), so I'd have to say Crowley was probably a big crazy kook although thats not uncommon. teehee

I DO appreciate that he unknowingly brought around the tolerance for new age religions in America. I'd have to say there that he did us all a favor helping to evolve the society away from religious prejudice.

Crowley evil? Of course he was! Well, you have to look at this logically. He wanted to be the satanic anti-christ. Most of his life he spent trying to become everything that was the 'beast of 666'. Towards the end of his career he finally admitted that he was probably not it, since he had failed to produce an heir to his 'satanic throne', but umm.....id have to say I'm happy about that one. :D

Michael and Nightstalker,

I guess at the end of the day if whatever you believe has got you through it, then, more power too you! :)

#12 Clearwitch

Clearwitch

Antediluvian

• Twilight
  • 32,133 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 03:41 AM

bad.

How flattering... :P

#13 SKERPIOEN

SKERPIOEN

Inconnu

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 07:07 AM

And for the young ones aleister crowley was a notorious occultist, who use to practice black magic, worship, statan, and drink virgen blood. I read a short book on him that anton lavey wrote about him but he did not mention anything about him being a vampier, anton was another sick basterd, but a good writer, but for the older folkes in here maby you could inlighten me....................

Sounds like a satanist (or something like) to me, I see no facts pointing that he`s(was) a vampire.

#14 Clearwitch

Clearwitch

Antediluvian

• Twilight
  • 32,133 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 07:36 AM

Aleister Crowley pretty much started the satanist movement, Skerpion, so yes, I'd say he was a satanist. He inspired cults like Anton LaVeys Church of Satan, Temple of Set and the Crowleyan branch of OTO.

#15 SKERPIOEN

SKERPIOEN

Inconnu

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 07:55 AM

Aleister Crowley pretty much started the satanist movement, Skerpion, so yes, I'd say he was a satanist. He inspired cults like Anton LaVeys Church of Satan, Temple of Set and the Crowleyan branch of OTO.

Well there you go ! ( god I love being right !!!!!, yeah I rock !!!).

#16 Seana

Seana

Reaver

• Twilight
  • Pip
  • 921 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 01:02 PM

SKERPIOEN: damn right your right ~*~gives him a shiny star~*~

Saint Mike: My world involves 13 shades of grey [yay staind] your world must be missing a lot of color if it's all black and white.

I don't pretend to know much about this crowley character but I agree with RObin at least he got us moving out of the closed minded dark ages of religion. have faith don't label it.

#17 SAINT MICHAEL

SAINT MICHAEL

Disciple

• Darkling
  • 89 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 07:29 PM

Wow you must be a shady person....................will iam glad so much of you agree with the one who belives that they should do, the spanish inquesion all over again....lol...lol...

Edited by SAINT MICHAEL, 19 September 2003 - 07:45 PM.

#18 Seana

Seana

Reaver

• Twilight
  • Pip
  • 921 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 09:55 PM

No just colorful and open minded. If I'm wrong it will all be explained to me I'm sure. Besides I wouldn't want your world's complications, mine's much more simple, and they know me here.

#19 SKERPIOEN

SKERPIOEN

Inconnu

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 10:12 AM

Hey Saint Michael, try using some punctuation in your posts,....they always sound so confusing when I first read them. (um...mayby I should have put that in a pm.....hhmmm...)

#20 Lady Opaleyes

Lady Opaleyes

Mentor

• Darkling
  • Pip
  • 172 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 08:46 PM

LOL I love this thread. I'm completely with Robinbird on this one.

Crowley was the kind of guy who if you went up to him and said "Are you a Vampire?" he would have smiled mysteriously at you and bit your wrist with his "serpent's tooth".

He was an eccentric, a showman, a junky, a pioneer and adventurer, a non-conformist and a bit of a media-whore. But not a Vampire.

He was contradictory in the extreme. One minute he loved to be The Beast and The Wickedest Man In the World, but other times really hated what people said about him in the papers. He experimented with drugs, and forms of sex that were not acceptable at the time. He liked to spin stories about killing virgins, but would then say he was talking symbolically. He only gained the reputation he did because of the times he was living in, and the publicity he gave himself.

In fact, it's about time someone made a film of his life.