121 replies to this topic

#1 Rhuen

Rhuen

Celestial Power

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,295 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:33 PM

Okay first, lets not bother with the constant (don't do it man, its not worth it, only evil can happen)

which to be honest never persuades anyone to stop, they will just look elsewhere for the methods to do it.

rather this thread is for those with advice on how to make deals with them, mistakes not to make and things to keep an eye out for.

for those who will do it no matter what try and give them some heads up advice.

#2 WilV

WilV

One in Six Billion

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,586 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 02:10 AM

If someone is stupid enough to make a deal with the demonic reguardless of what you say then there's no point in giving them advice. The only advice to give is to not do it in the first place, because you will never win... ever. No demon has any interest in helping any person other than to see the result of that "help" end in their misery and/or misfortune. Giving someone advice on "what traps to look for" is like telling someone determined to jump off a cliff to "avoid the pointy rocks".

#3 Arimak

Arimak

Revenant

• Darkling
  • Pip
  • 598 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 02:19 AM

There's only one rule: The allure of what the darkness can give you is a means to its own end, and never your own. In the end, when you're no longer a viable conduit, it will leave you a used and dry husk of what used to be a human being.

If you can live with that, knock yourself out.

#4 DragonKing9

DragonKing9

Elder

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 03:40 AM

one word....wishmaster

#5 AWanderer

AWanderer

A Wanderer in the Dark

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 06:06 AM

Demons are supposed to be very legalistic so be very careful with the words.

#6 Hacker

Hacker

BANNED

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,287 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:22 AM

I sold my soul to a demon once. However, my wife produced an older paper stating I had already given my soul to her. Thus, a demon does not have my soul now.

#7 misan

misan

Eternal

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,335 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:27 PM

If someone is stupid enough to make a deal with the demonic reguardless of what you say then there's no point in giving them advice. The only advice to give is to not do it in the first place, because you will never win... ever. No demon has any interest in helping any person other than to see the result of that "help" end in their misery and/or misfortune. Giving someone advice on "what traps to look for" is like telling someone determined to jump off a cliff to "avoid the pointy rocks".

As much as I hate to agree with anything Wil says...I have to on this one. I agree completely.

#8 Vore

Vore

হিজরা, Bissu, Kinnar, Niizh manidoowag, خنيث

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,499 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 05:57 PM

That based on all the demons you met while here?

#9 Innanna

Innanna

Iron pumpin' cannibal granny

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,843 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:25 PM

I sold my soul to a demon once. However, my wife produced an older paper stating I had already given my soul to her. Thus, a demon does not have my soul now.

Foiled again!!

As AWanderer posted, be very, very careful if you should decide to do something as foolish as deal with the "less kind" of the spirit world. Your wording must be precise and you had better make sure there are no loop holes in your request or they will find them and use them against you later.

That based on all the demons you met while here?

You mean he met you? ;p

Edited by Innanna, 18 March 2008 - 07:25 PM.

#10 Rhuen

Rhuen

Celestial Power

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,295 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:48 PM

I will give advice in bursts (so to keep the posts short) that way they are more likely to be read.

As already stated, the demons don't give a shit about you. They will use any loop holes they can find, and remember despite how they act demons for the most part are much older than your grandfather, have done this numerous times before, are sadistic, always looking out for their own concerns and entertainement so couldn't care less about your plans, and on top of this have no emotional stability, they are bi-polar to the nth degree.

One thing I have noticed is that many people (who would try and summon a demon) think that it will make them part of something, part of the war between heaven and hell, part of some dark secret society and underworld...basically they want to spice up their dull existance. Despite what the movies and tv may lead you to believe, most demons arn't part of anything even remotely like this, they will claim they are just to get their jollies or get out of you what they want.

Also never sell your soul, you will not be stored in some crystal or what not to be used as a sex slave by the demon or become its loyal servant or eventually also become a demon (I blame shows like Brimstone and Reaper for this mis-conception), in the end this basically just means they plan to kill you at some point and drink in your life essence.

Contracts are a must, specifically worded, and limited.

Also a demon never gives its true name willingly, most will claim to be someone big, usually Satan or a compreable entity to your culture. or just make up a name.

#11 Bard of Thorns

Bard of Thorns

Writer, poet, advocate, journalist, take your pick

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,532 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 01:05 AM

Remember that demons are actually not very capable of giving you what you want. Also, if you DO manage to get its true name, you get a SMALL degree of power over it, enough to force it not to harm you or any being connected to you, so long as that order is issued.

#12 WilV

WilV

One in Six Billion

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,586 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 01:12 AM

Contracts are a must, specifically worded, and limited.

Except they have no honor or care about any contract draw up by mankind.

"Oh yeah, avoid those thorns on your way down too... they might hurt"

#13 Rhuen

Rhuen

Celestial Power

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,295 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 01:38 AM

Except they have no honor or care about any contract draw up by mankind.

"Oh yeah, avoid those thorns on your way down too... they might hurt"

actually its a staple written by many in the church in regards to demonology that for some reason demons are bound by their own words, basically they have to promise by the waters of the river styx (something echoed also in Greek mythology as gods were bound to promises made by the waters of the river styx. Or bound in the name of a higher power than themselves.

(higher demons for demons, or something like Nyx for greek gods).

but yes, they have no honor (by human moral standards) but are bound by contracts (its how the world of devils works, contracts and bindings) Hell is like a bad shadow of a buerocracy, mixed with a Hierarchy, aristocricy, with a ton of Anarchy and Atrosicties for the mix.

but yeah a normal paper contract with a notary aint going to cut it, nore can you just take its word for it, you must make it swear by the river styxe or by a higher demon. But a written out practice sheet for yourself can't hurt (for getting your thoughts straight and thinking over the many ways it could screw you over in the deal.

On that, never make a deal with more than one demon at a time, and make it a point to say that that one demon and only that one demon is to have contact with you or involvement, the second it brings in a second demon don't expect to live long, or keep your sanity (this is an old trick where they trick the summoner who forgets that the contract was only with the first demon and doesn't apply to that demon's allies or minions.)
even if you learn the first demon's name and can keep it bound not to harm you or your loved ones that wont apply to the second one.

#14 Bard of Thorns

Bard of Thorns

Writer, poet, advocate, journalist, take your pick

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,532 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 01:58 AM

If you include a clause that prevents it from seeking indirect methods, which would include soliciting other demons to do it, then you may have a chance.

#15 Rhuen

Rhuen

Celestial Power

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,295 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 02:05 AM

If you include a clause that prevents it from seeking indirect methods, which would include soliciting other demons to do it, then you may have a chance.

unfortunatly most anything you could want a demon for would require it to use indirect methods. Except for having it haunt someone, possess someone, drive someone mad, spying on someone, or physically harming someone.

most other things would require indirect methods (at least in part) to actually pull off.

Edited by Rhuen, 19 March 2008 - 02:07 AM.

#16 DragonKing9

DragonKing9

Elder

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 05:19 AM

ok rhuen how about you gie an example of a safe contract? say for umm...a better community

#17 Rhuen

Rhuen

Celestial Power

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,295 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:44 PM

ok rhuen how about you gie an example of a safe contract? say for umm...a better community

The demon would laugh at you if you asked for that. they work in personal desires, and they couldn't even fulfill that request.

also there really is no such thing as a safe contract...just hard ones for it to break.

In all honesty simple is best, keep what you want very simple.
like asking for the location of a hidden treasure in your home, or spying on an enemy but not acting in the physical plane in any other manner.

when you start asking for complex plans and lots of little knicks and knacks that's when they get very dangerous and start to go after you (time is also a factor, you want to keep the demon around for as short a period of time as possible, otherwise it will get bored and turn on you, or it gets enough time to make plans of its own for its own purposes (also a down side of complex plans).

#18 jamsiejay

jamsiejay

Thrall

• Darkling
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:05 PM

I remember this from the Simpson's.

If you were to make a deal with a demon structure it well sort of they way a business deal is they always win no matter what so make sure your deal has a way to benefit you in every way possible.

#19 syndustry

syndustry

Ghoul

• Inactive
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:10 PM

replace demon with corporation and you'll be on the right track :wink:

#20 Blackbird

Blackbird

Noble

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:51 PM

all i can say is that it's a very bad idea. i may have made a deal at 15 and i ended up with some serious problems. good thing i have a lot of friends i've found in the astral helping me out. you wouldn't believe the amount of people that help you out when you try hard enough.