Photo
- - - - -

Can You Kill Someone With Your Mind?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic

#1 source

source

Thrall

• Spawn
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:I like Ocult, paranormal, and much more things

Posted 08 March 2003 - 01:43 PM

Lately I have been tourmanting someones dream, and I feel like I could kill him anytime I want to.
But then again, I never really heard that ppl can kill other ppl while they sleep....

Only on NightMare On Elm street, but thats a different thing lol

#2 Water

Water

Noble

• Inactive
  • PipPip
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 08:51 AM

is it possible to kill someone with your mind?

I don't know...

I do know... it's possible to make someone go so totally insane that it's like death for their existance....

I'll betcha Myth would be able to answer that better, or Aeternus...

#3 Final Ultima

Final Ultima

Eternal

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,797 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 08:54 AM

To be quite honest, I don't think anyone will ever know unless they do it themselves, because they won't want to speak of it, and the victim will be...well...dead, also, I'm not sure how many people here have even tried.

#4 Myth

Myth

Mentor

• Darkling
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 10:55 AM

if you tourture some one in ther dreams dont brag about it.
and inveiding some ones drems is a form of astral travel. and acording to legend ther is a posebilet to be killed in dreams but that is hard to prove.

one last ting have nice dreams source....

#5 Final Ultima

Final Ultima

Eternal

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,797 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 11:05 AM

That's the kinda thing that makes me glad I don't sleep much at all...and that I have a pretty good mental awareness.

#6 Aeternus

Aeternus

Revenant

• Twilight
  • Pip
  • 503 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 11:51 AM

I am not sure if you can directly induce death into a being with only your mind. However, using seduction/persuasion/dominance or however you want to call it, it is certainly possible to "command" a being to terminate itself...

But I consider that abuse in the worst form, of one's mind. Enough depression in this world as it is.

#7 Final Ultima

Final Ultima

Eternal

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,797 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 11:54 AM

Oh yeah, I guess so, but it all depends on your own awareness, as well as the willpower of the victim really, doesn't it? A hell of a lot of the time, people tend to have a much stronger will than expected.

#8 Aeternus

Aeternus

Revenant

• Twilight
  • Pip
  • 503 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 11:56 AM

Oh yeah, I guess so, but it all depends on your own awareness, as well as the willpower of the victim really, doesn't it? A hell of a lot of the time, people tend to have a much stronger will than expected.

You can either break that will, or bend it. More then often, the latter is -by far- easier.

#9 Final Ultima

Final Ultima

Eternal

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,797 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 11:57 AM

True, it is a lot easier to bend will than it is to break it, but either way, it's a little easier said than done.

Edited by Final Ultima, 09 March 2003 - 11:58 AM.

#10 Aeternus

Aeternus

Revenant

• Twilight
  • Pip
  • 503 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 12:02 PM

Agreed. But the question was, were it possible, not if it is probable. The answer therefor is: Yes.

#11 Final Ultima

Final Ultima

Eternal

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,797 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 12:04 PM

Ok, you've got a point there Aet.

#12 Aeternus

Aeternus

Revenant

• Twilight
  • Pip
  • 503 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 12:11 PM

Oh, btw, source... Tormenting someone in his/her dreams is not really a kind thing to do. Keep in mind that some beings will take note of such cruelty... The tormentor can become the tormented.

#13 Clearwitch

Clearwitch

Antediluvian

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,133 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 12:17 PM

source, how can you be sure you're tormenting someone? After all, it would be their dreams, not yours...even if you dream you're attacking them, doesn't mean they're sharing that dream...

About killing someone in their dreams, I saw a movie about that as a kid...an old Dennis Quaid thing, Dreamscape, I think it's called...where a guy would enter someones dreams and kill them, the victim would wake up with heartattack caused by the extreme stress the nightmare put them under...

As Ultima said, it would be just about impossible to prove, because the victim would have no physichal damage.

#14 Final Ultima

Final Ultima

Eternal

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,797 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 12:18 PM

Yeah, one should only ever really do it if someone is making your life an absolute misery, in that case I'd understand.

#15 Tym

Tym

Ancient

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,141 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 08:54 PM

About killing someone in their dreams, I saw a movie about that as a kid...an old Dennis Quaid thing, Dreamscape, I think it's called...where a guy would enter someones dreams and kill them, the victim would wake up with heartattack caused by the extreme stress the nightmare put them under...

That is a cool movie.

Man, if I could kill people with my mind I'd have to lock myself up. It would be wayyyy too tempting.

#16 source

source

Thrall

• Spawn
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:I like Ocult, paranormal, and much more things

Posted 09 March 2003 - 08:57 PM

I know I did it because my friend knows the guy on real life, and he told me wat he said about tourmenting his dreams. I think that I can kill ppl on dreams, but I dotn really wanna find that out.

#17 Khrymzynn

Khrymzynn

Inconnu

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 09:10 PM

hell, I can name dozens, hundreds of people that can kill people with their minds. Moreso, these folks I could name can kill literally millions of people all at the same time.
They have their own names, but we can refer to them collectively as the military research and development teams. Nuclear weapons, biological weapons, chemical weapons.... I swear, the possibilities are endless. All these minds, just churning out more and more weapons and more and more methods to kill...
It's awe-inspiring, really it is. ^_^
Now, killing some psionically is a whole 'nother story. But before I address that, I just have to ask...
WHY THE F*** WOULD YOU WANT TO KILL SOMEONE WITH YOUR MIND?????
Dammit, why the hfil would anyone even bother to ask about that???

#18 Tym

Tym

Ancient

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,141 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 09:15 PM

WHY THE F*** WOULD YOU WANT TO KILL SOMEONE WITH YOUR MIND?????
Dammit, why the hfil would anyone even bother to ask about that???

Do you mean why would someone want to kill someone with their mind in general, or why would someone come here asking how to do it?

If it's the first one then I would have to say that there is just a lot of people I don't like that should be taken out of the gene pool.

If the question is why would this guy ask about it on a public forum then I would say that they have a mental condition.

#19 Khrymzynn

Khrymzynn

Inconnu

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 10:37 PM

If it's the first one then I would have to say that there is just a lot of people I don't like that should be taken out of the gene pool.

Don't talk to me about people needing to be taken out of the gene pool... I work in the service industry!
Khrymzynn = choir
TymRavenBlade = preacher
But seriously, the question stands, though I intended for source to answer.

#20 Aeternus

Aeternus

Revenant

• Twilight
  • Pip
  • 503 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 10:44 PM

The question "Can it be done?" is valid and sane. The question "How can it be done?" however, is not. Not here at least.