Welcome to Darkness Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

everything and nothing and oh, nevermind

• Please log in to reply
2909 replies to this topic

the_vanished

the_vanished

Elder

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,879 posts
i love the poem that starts" im on a trail" it was vivid in its imagery ....

and the story above this post is perfection...i love imagery and you do it well ...

ErrantKnight

ErrantKnight

Master

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 3,111 posts
How well it serves me
to twist your words around
the pledge you took for me
the pledge we took so seriously
meant nothing in the end

Such blessed betrayal
that I could lay myself out
only to find that I was the joke
You offered up the killing stroke
rebuilt all my old doubts

I cannot rely on anyone but me
I am neither safe nor sane
but I know this, so I come prepared
armed with the nature of my despair
and shielded by disdain

You took this
You promised me
and you reneged on that
and you wonder why I'm mad
and I am the fool who believed

Sucidial Importance

Sucidial Importance

Inconnu

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 1,287 posts
perfect...beautiful...you use your words quite excellently.

ErrantKnight

ErrantKnight

Master

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 3,111 posts
Who better to know what I need
than everyone I never listened to
driven by my desires and the
thought that I had a clue
I wasn't thinking, once again
but I wanted it, believed I could handle it
and when it was taken away
I didn't know what to do
so I cried
I raged against the sky and the god it hides
that life could be so unfair
so unjust
That I don't get a break
In my own addled mind I deserve a little something
Just something to get me through this
but it's not there, never was to begin with
Use another's faiths to explain me away
I'd fall on my own but they are inadequate
I'll take what you give, what is there to lose
when everything is already gone

Sucidial Importance

Sucidial Importance

Inconnu

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 1,287 posts
holy hell hun did you have a stack that you are now just typing up? if not you come up with beautiful work amazingly fast...hhehe awesome last poem..your words hold so much truth

the_vanished

the_vanished

Elder

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,879 posts

i love this bit....a powerful poem ...

ErrantKnight

ErrantKnight

Master

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 3,111 posts

holy hell hun did you have a stack that you are now just typing up? if not you come up with beautiful work amazingly fast...hhehe awesome last poem..your words hold so much truth

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thank you, in all the lies I've lived, I'm trying to get back to the truth of things. That usually means I have to deal with the little nasties hiding in dark corners in my head..

Stopped by your thread, I am always impressed. I'm going to work on stopping time so I can red them all and not have to miss out on anything, although for the power of your words, I think I would miss out on a few things to enjoy them. They're very worth it..

Do I have a stack? Yes, but I'm not drawing from them yet. I'm working of Dad's computer, so I'm just working on the fly. The other's I'll paste over when I get mine hooked back up, probably Sunday night. Even starting working on a short-story vamp-erotica piece. That will probably fall flat, but oh well...

ErrantKnight

ErrantKnight

Master

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 3,111 posts

i love this bit....a powerful poem ...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My thanks to you, sir. Is it truly valid what we say when sometimes we have to try so hard to put the words in the right order, or is it mere contrivance that we should have to force it so?

I try not to edit much, unless it improves the flow. Otherwise, I try to keep the root emotion intact. I've not been as deep lately as I could be, but I feel no real need to force the issue.

I appreciate the compliments. I need to drop by your place and see your stuff. Still getting used to working around here. this is the first time I've ever done this, will have to figure out the avatar stuff and all that shortly...

Sucidial Importance

Sucidial Importance

Inconnu

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 1,287 posts

I thank you, in all the lies I've lived, I'm trying to get back to the truth of things.  That usually means I have to deal with the little nasties hiding in dark corners in my head.. 

Stopped by your thread, I am always impressed.  I'm going to work on stopping time so I can red them all and not have to miss out on anything, although for the power of your words, I think I would miss out on a few things to enjoy them.  They're very worth it..

Do I have a stack?  Yes, but I'm not drawing from them yet.  I'm working of Dad's computer, so I'm just working on the fly.  The other's I'll paste over when I get mine hooked back up, probably Sunday night.  Even starting working on a short-story vamp-erotica piece.  That will probably fall flat, but oh well...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No no nothing you write would or could ever fall flat...
and you words truly flatter me. Let me know if you become successful on the stopping time...lol...But no really, I am honored that you think so highly of my work...I thank you so deeply for your words.
Haha..I knew it! Aww dang so you really were writing them that fast...Wow! Mine shoot out too sometimes, like tonight and last night...I'll eagerly await posts on your thread, hun, and can't wait till Sunday...xxx!

dark_angel55

dark_angel55

Noble

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 4,005 posts
wonderful..i like em keep it up hun

ErrantKnight

ErrantKnight

Master

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 3,111 posts

wonderful..i like em keep it up hun

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you, m'lady, and good to hear from you... :)

More as soon as I kick my self down a notch or two to get to that level... Been feeling pretty okay today, so I'm rather ill-prepared. The couple above are exceptions...

ErrantKnight

ErrantKnight

Master

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 3,111 posts

No no nothing you write would or could ever fall flat...
and you words truly flatter me.  Let me know if you become successful on the stopping time...lol...But no really, I am honored that you think so highly of my work...I thank you so deeply for your words.
Haha..I knew it!  Aww dang so you really were writing them that fast...Wow!  Mine shoot out too sometimes, like tonight and last night...I'll eagerly await posts on your thread, hun, and can't wait till Sunday...xxx!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks! Yeah, I try to capture the moment. sometimes the only real honesty is that which comes at that moment, with no regard to the fallout from an ill-placed statement. Sometimes I try to craft a 'masterpiece' (yuk yuk), but it just comes off as feeling very pretentious and laborious. I figure, at least for my own writing, that I'll just write it and be done with it. that emotion at that time.

I'm attempting to familiarize myself with others around here. sometimes it's just like websurfing (oh, this looks interesting, wonder what it is?), I'm finding a lot of really amazing work in here. Don't think I've found anything to dislike.

dark_angel55

dark_angel55

Noble

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 4,005 posts
more please with me on top

Sucidial Importance

Sucidial Importance

Inconnu

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 1,287 posts

thanks!  Yeah, I try to capture the moment.  sometimes the only real honesty is that which comes at that moment, with no regard to the fallout from an ill-placed statement.  Sometimes I try to craft a 'masterpiece' (yuk yuk), but it just comes off as feeling very pretentious and laborious.  I figure, at least for my own writing, that I'll just write it and be done with it.  that emotion at that time.

I'm attempting to familiarize myself with others around here.  sometimes it's just like websurfing (oh, this looks interesting, wonder what it is?), I'm finding a lot of really amazing work in here.  Don't think I've found anything to dislike.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

im exactly the same way...its all a matter of lingering around and reading this and that posting writing back...lol not trying to make it sound bad its fun i do it at least over half my day....i must warn you that this site is strongly addictive...when you cant live and few hours without getting on it, can't say i never warned you, hun...lol

and yes the real honesty comes when you just stop caring and write what you feel...i had never thought of that way but its so perfectly right...and you do craft masterpieces hun, you just don't know it yet. i could pick at least 5 of more poems out of this thread i think are masterpieces but you would still be unsure...which is just a further reinforcement of the truth "you are your own worst critic" haha dont know how many times ive heard that one but its so true...

well im off for a few..hours...hope to see you round later and cant wait to read your masterpieces babe...luv ya xxx

Astarael

Astarael

voice in the shadows

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,390 posts
gah you write so fast... *continues speed-reading*

ErrantKnight

ErrantKnight

Master

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 3,111 posts

more please with me on top

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You have but to ask *smiles wickedly*

My angel, my darkness
borne on wings of night-dark feathers
so silkily gliding through the ether of dreams
a beauty undeniable
a force unstoppable
I lose my way to find you again

izzat okay by you? ;)

ErrantKnight

ErrantKnight

Master

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 3,111 posts

im exactly the same way...its all a matter of lingering around and reading this and that posting writing back...lol not trying to make it sound bad its fun i do it at least over half my day....i must warn you that this site is strongly addictive...when you cant live and few hours without getting on it, can't say i never warned you, hun...lol

and yes the real honesty comes when you just stop caring and write what you feel...i had never thought of that way but its so perfectly right...and you do craft masterpieces hun, you just don't know it yet.  i could pick at least 5 of more poems out of this thread i think are masterpieces but you would still be unsure...which is just a further reinforcement of the truth "you are your own worst critic"  haha dont know how many times ive heard that one but its so true...

well im off for a few..hours...hope to see you round later and cant wait to read your masterpieces babe...luv ya xxx

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I strongly agree, and I'm pretty well snagged by it. I fell into this by accident, but it seems like a number of the others are all known to each other outside of here. That's cool, I'm glad I found the place. I try to explain this kind of thing to friends and family, and I get some rather odd looks. At the very least, they're happy (oh god, the Hootie/Burger King commercial...shoot me now) that I've found somewhere where I can not only vent this garbage in me, but I'm surrounded by others that help to push me on to vent and improve the way I do it...

My family does not know you or anybody else here, but they thank you... :)

I am well and truly honored by your kindness... I'm going back to my recent notebooks (may just start taking my laptop instead of pen and ink, but you can't beat the old ways) and typing them in so that I can post them. I'm still writing new things, but I am extremely grateful that you think so highly of my stuff. I hope I continue to entertain and to help others in identifying these things..

let's see, what else do I have in my bag of tricks?

Sucidial Importance

Sucidial Importance

Inconnu

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 1,287 posts
wait wait wait...
nothing for me??
hehehe just kidding babe lol
she be flattered when she gets back!

Sucidial Importance

Sucidial Importance

Inconnu

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 1,287 posts

I strongly agree, and I'm pretty well snagged by it.  I fell into this by accident, but it seems like a number of the others are all known to each other outside of here.  That's cool, I'm glad I found the place.  I try to explain this kind of thing to friends and family, and I get some rather odd looks.  At the very least, they're happy (oh god, the Hootie/Burger King commercial...shoot me now) that I've found somewhere where I can not only vent this garbage in me, but I'm surrounded by others that help to push me on to vent and improve the way I do it...

My family does not know you or anybody else here, but they thank you... :)

I am well and truly honored by your kindness...  I'm going back to my recent notebooks (may just start taking my laptop instead of pen and ink, but you can't beat the old ways) and typing them in so that I can post them.  I'm still writing new things, but I am extremely grateful that you think so highly of my stuff.  I hope I continue to entertain and to help others in identifying these things..

let's see, what else do I have in my bag of tricks?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

haha yay i cant wait for more!!
and tell them you are quite welcome :)
hahaha (BANG!!) you told me to shoot you....
oooh ooh ooh i know that commercial!!! lmao hootie meanin hootie and the blowfish, right? or am i just makin a fool outta myself lol...

ErrantKnight

ErrantKnight

Master

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 3,111 posts
Name

I have a name
have you ever thought to ask it?
Did you ever stop to think
that maybe, just maybe
I am something besides an obstruction