Photo
- - - - -

Where do most vampires live?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 shadowstears89

shadowstears89

Disciple

• Darkling
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Listening to music writing and walking through the night and near a graveyard that i visit almost every night...i will tell much more if your interested...

Posted 19 January 2005 - 02:44 PM

The research that i have done seems to point in the direction of the U.K. i have noticed most vampires live there,why? Maybe I am wrong??

#2 Ire

Ire

Elder

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 06:05 PM

Well, I don't live in UK but I can tell you one thing.

Vampires are everywhere.

#3 magahot

magahot

Inconnu

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 1,917 posts
  • Interests:HeLLMasteRHeLL<br /><br />Is there anything else?, nah!

Posted 19 January 2005 - 06:09 PM

Vampires do live every where, I my self is one

#4 escoban

escoban

Ancient

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,203 posts
  • Interests:cookies?

Posted 20 January 2005 - 03:16 PM

mostly vamps live in apartments in houses, rare in castles

but indeed they are everywhere in the world

maybe the ones from the U.K are just the most outgoing and willing to confess, and gothic culture is the strongest there so tahts also a factor (many goths want to be something they're not)

#5 hopelessAngel

hopelessAngel

Ghoul

• Spawn
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:i am the human incarnation of curiousity, but i love vampires and the creatures of the dark and am not big fans of the creatures of the light

Posted 20 January 2005 - 11:00 PM

most of the vampire rumors started in the UK but they definately live amoung us but of course do not just walk up to a stranger and say "look at me i am a vampire let me drink your blood" they are a little more precautious in their actions and movements

#6 magahot

magahot

Inconnu

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 1,917 posts
  • Interests:HeLLMasteRHeLL<br /><br />Is there anything else?, nah!

Posted 20 January 2005 - 11:09 PM

I just got bit by one, so I don`t now much about vampires

#7 Maeve

Maeve

Darkling

• Darkling
  • Pip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:Anything but the ordinary.

Posted 22 January 2005 - 01:36 PM

Vampires can live everywhere... EVERYWHERE...

I live in Connecticut because I have to (work) but I want to go back to England. You gotta luv the townies; so easy to confuse... :biggrin:

#8 cold_crimson

cold_crimson

Disciple

• Darkling
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 08:07 PM

vampyres can live wherever the hell they want to!! but the "myth" of vampyres started in romania, transylvania that sort of place...but i gess it all depends.

#9 phoenixfromtheashes

phoenixfromtheashes

Lurker

• Spawn
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:journaling, D &amp; D, Roleplaying, Vampires, Lycans, Metal, dancing, and hanging out with all of my lovely friends.

Posted 24 January 2005 - 11:34 PM

The actual "myths" of vampires began with Prince Vlad Tepes, of Wallachia. Bram Stoker drew his inspiration for the character of "Count Dracula" from the Dragon Prince.

As for where vampires actually live, I live in Colorado. I know several in St.Paul, Minnesota. Some in Seattle, Washington...some everywhere. The prevalence of those willing to admit to it being in England comes from the acceptance of the Gothic lifestyle over there. But you can never tell who a vampire is just by looks. Keep that in mind.

#10 missinghome

missinghome

Disciple

• Darkling
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:majik<br />my son<br />song writing<br />guitar<br />others like me

Posted 26 January 2005 - 01:37 PM

i live in a house with my family and i live in kansas so yeah it is confirmed vampires live everywhere i know a covin of us in the center of america so i think that it is true vampires are jsut probably more open in the U.K.

#11 shadowstears89

shadowstears89

Disciple

• Darkling
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Listening to music writing and walking through the night and near a graveyard that i visit almost every night...i will tell much more if your interested...

Posted 26 January 2005 - 02:16 PM

:blink: Thanks for the information...one made the comment about vampires are more open in the UK...thats probably why i had the doubt but thank you...also...i completly understand the whole thing about how a vampire won't just walk up to u and be like oh hi im a vampire...thats just common sense,thank you again...

#12 roseblood

roseblood

Mentor

• Darkling
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 02:24 PM

I'm a Graham cracker. *laughs at dumb joke* I want to go to New Orleans. They also have a lot of vampire activitiy.

Anyways... Did you know that Prince Vlad Tepes was actually killed by a female vampire? She wore hes clothing, everything. She's the one that started the rumors, disguised as a prince. Her name was Mara. Gee, I wonder who that was? *grins* Like I've said in a different thread, all vampires have at least one psychic ability. I'm gifted with telepathy, telekenesis, and the abilitly to make others forget specific things... along with a few other things. So you guys are the only ones that know about this.

#13 ZeeM

ZeeM

Victim

• Spawn
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Vampires, Games, Pokemon...

Posted 29 January 2005 - 04:19 PM

well, in this part of the UK there are a fair few Goths, but i havent seen much sign of noticable vampires.

#14 daysofthephoenix14

daysofthephoenix14

Nightwalker

• Darkling
  • Pip
  • 406 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC!!Ta Da...T'is my life. Hardcore, some punk, industrial, emo core, screamo, death metal, black metal..all of it. Ahh I like to write as well, and read.

Posted 29 January 2005 - 06:27 PM

Most definately not where I live...prolly in big cities I'm guessing.

#15 Eden

Eden

Mentor

• Darkling
  • Pip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:One last sunrise.

Posted 30 January 2005 - 10:38 AM

i live in romaina in a small city...but this is temporary..i just want a break from the big city...but i will tell you this: young unexperienced vampires live in large cities beacause the crime rate is higher so there less suspicion...more powerful vampires can live everywhere indeed...i am begining to control my bloodlust ( actually i have changed it...it is not so powerful as it used to be...so i don't feel the need for blood so often...) so i am not forced to drink blood so often...it is just a matter of control...but i am going off-topic...

Life is short. Have a nice one.

Eden

#16 Carniwhore

Carniwhore

Reaver

• Twilight
  • Pip
  • 994 posts
  • Interests:my interests...ok....here we go..<br />music, drawing, writing, reading, vampires, human anatomy, chemestry, cooking, almost anything weird....i guess that pretty much sums it all up

Posted 30 January 2005 - 12:47 PM

The actual "myths" of vampires began with Prince Vlad Tepes, of Wallachia. Bram Stoker drew his inspiration for the character of "Count Dracula" from the Dragon Prince.

Wallachia is the name of the southern part of romainia.......and the legend of vlad tepes=dracul (dracula) ...FUCKING STUPID!!!!

#17 lies_in_the_dark

lies_in_the_dark

Lurker

• Spawn
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 11:55 PM

[quote name='hopelessAngel' date='Jan 21 2005, 12:00 AM']
most of the vampire rumors started in the UK but they definately live amoung us but of course do not just walk up to a stranger and say "look at me i am a vampire let me drink your blood" they are a little more precautious in their actions and movements

my feelings towards vampires are unexplainable diiferent the same for my friend but if you are a vampire youself then what are vampires trully lik you can emai me at inu_chibi4life@hotmail.com

#18 Clearwitch

Clearwitch

Antediluvian

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,133 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 01:08 AM

You find vampire myths in most countries, though Eastern Europe are usually closest to the idea of the Classical Vampire. It's not accidental that Bram Stoker chose an eastern European Prince as rolemodel for his Dracula.

The original Drakul, Vlad Tepes, had everything, an exciting history, Old World etiquette, strength and power. He even got excommunicated by the Pope. He was bloodthirsty and cruel by all our standards, but you can't deny his methods worked. And for a society where public executions were considered good clean fun for the whole family, people erected on stakes throughout the city weren't as bad as we like to think now. It's all about habit, and culture.

In modern times, however, the vampire culture has little to do with undead eastern ghouls, and everything to do with a youth culture, goth. If you notice, most of the more outward blooddrinking vampires tends to swear to something like the goth look, black clothes, dramatic make-up, dark and gloomy music. They like dark places, dark accessories, dark interests.

I've seen a documentary about british vampires, some went as far as backing away from garlic, and sleeping in coffins, others looked fairly normal, acted fairly normal, etc. But just about everyone featured swore to some variation of the goth look, in a varying degree. It's hard to say which leads which, if they like goth because they're vampires, or if they like vampires because they're goth. But the connection is usually in place, in some form.

Now, there are exceptions. There are perfectly normal everyday people who drink blood on the side, people like your father, the bus driver, or the lady next door with five kids.. The ones you'd never expect to have these interests. You can't categorize them and encompass them all.

England may have a lot of visible vampires, like they have a lot of visible goths, but I think it's more a cultural thing than a geographical one. America too is heavily represented, and the rest of Europe, and the western world, is following close behind.

Edited by Clearwitch, 03 February 2005 - 01:21 AM.

#19 Darkness

Darkness

Methuselah

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,938 posts
  • Interests:Interesting things.

Posted 03 February 2005 - 01:20 AM

Excellent post Clearwitch. Wow! :)

I want to add something in my opinion about the topic. The vampire as we've come to know it, romanticized only very recently is still not the same vampire that had existed for a much much longer period before. Many of the traits aattributed to vampires today are from these stories by authors such as Byron and Stoker.

As to where most vampires live, I think the same stories above have a lot to do with this. It's prevalent in the UK (and to some extent eastern europe, romania and such) because that was the setting for Bram Stoker's Dracula, with Carfax Abbey and Whitby, etc. The fictional history is there. Likewise, there might be a prevalence in New Orleans that will grow due to Anne Rice ( and Poppy Z. Brite, etc ).

#20 VegaValentine

VegaValentine

Inconnu

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • Interests:Blood, Sex, Screams, Death... Angels, Demons, God, "worldly demons," Aliens... Graphic Novels...

Posted 03 February 2005 - 06:14 PM

in a house...