Welcome to Darkness Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Science learns the universe is unstable

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Rhuen

Rhuen

Celestial Power

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,300 posts

AKA: they may be either on the verge of discovering its possible to breakdown and recreate reality, or that magic is possible.\

http://news.yahoo.co...-152236961.html

http://io9.com/59856...iggs-researcher

Skadi

Skadi

Methuselah

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,140 posts

hmmm Interesting theory.  I'd like to read more about it if I can find a dumbed down but more detailed explanation.

FallingSpider

FallingSpider

Elder

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,644 posts
From reading those two articles I would think what they are seeing is the potential life span of the universe. That the higgs bosson gives not only mass but also controls the life span of the universe.
  • Caulfield likes this

Rhuen

Rhuen

Celestial Power

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,300 posts

more like the probability of instability. For all they know the other universe being born has already happened.

hell it might just be what the "Dark Flow" is; a second universe inside this one impacting the known universe. Plus we can only calculate as far out as we can see; which we know there is something beyond the visible universe.

Caulfield

Caulfield

TROLLOLOL

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 2,151 posts

All it says is that the universe has a definite end point. I guess it says a little about stability, in the sense that knowing the mechanism for cell death leads to instability which we call cancer.

Rhuen

Rhuen

Celestial Power

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,300 posts

that's because the articles are dumbed down and simplify the matter. It means there will be an end point to the universe once the instability reaches its breaking point. But this end point is also a birth point of a new universe.

Caulfield

Caulfield

TROLLOLOL

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 2,151 posts
that's because the articles are dumbed down and simplify the matter. It means there will be an end point to the universe once the instability reaches its breaking point. But this end point is also a birth point of a new universe.

Maybe. I've read the original several days before you posted those here.