#1 Beorht

Beorht

nilbogboh

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,858 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk.../world-21411304

Pope Benedict XVI has announced that he will resign. There's probably going to be a new Pope elected before Easter. A Pope hasn't resigned since the fifteenth century - Pope Gregory XII in 1415.

#2 Darkness

Darkness

Trickster

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,938 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

Very interesting especially given the St Malachy prophecy that names the last popes.

http://www.newagedir...pro/malachy.htm

#3 Beorht

Beorht

nilbogboh

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,858 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

Thanks, first I'd heard of those prophesies.

I've been reading a little bit about possible successors and one is Cardinal Peter Turkson of Ghana.

#4 Rhuen

Rhuen

Celestial Power

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,295 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:37 PM

Well that was quick.

Yeah, heard about this earlier today on the radio. I don't really have any opinions regarding the whole pope thing anyway. But it is interesting in that it hasn't happened in so long.

#5 Darkness

Darkness

Trickster

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,938 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

So where's the antichrist?  Oh hey maybe it means China, it is the year of the snake as of the day before right?  Neat image of a lightning strike after the announcement.

http://www.dailymail...l#axzz2KeqE0RdE

Let's hear some good conspiracy theories.

#6 Caulfield

Caulfield

TROLLOLOL

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 2,148 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:09 AM

According to most protestants, every Roman Catholic Pope since Pope Sixtus III (yes, that is 666) has been the Antichrist. 

#7 Violette

Violette

Upyra

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,352 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:30 AM

http://www.hallindse...videos/?vid=298

#8 Archangel

Archangel

Heteroflexible

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,771 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:22 AM

The most obvious reason… the new Star Wars movie needed him.

tumblr_m9e9v2X86s1r6u0ogo1_500.jpg

#9 Lunatic Pandora

Lunatic Pandora

Limit Breaker

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,593 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:40 AM

I also resigned from PayPal.

#10 Bard of Thorns

Bard of Thorns

Writer, poet, advocate, journalist, take your pick

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,532 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:09 PM

Actually, I heard that he resigned because a warrant had been issued for his arrest over the sex abuse scandals.  Supposedly, if he sets foot outside the Vatican, he gets cuffed.

#11 TheUnknowable

TheUnknowable

Quintisential Questioning Quester

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

Why would he surrender his diplomatic immunity?  Is he that afraid of making the church look bad?

#12 Bard of Thorns

Bard of Thorns

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,532 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

Actually, from what I hear, the issuing authority was able to circumvent his diplomatic immunity by charging him with crimes against humanity.  He's being forced to step down, I'm sure of it!

#13 Arawan

Arawan

Saint

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:48 AM

Actually, I heard that he resigned because a warrant had been issued for his arrest over the sex abuse scandals.  Supposedly, if he sets foot outside the Vatican, he gets cuffed.

Actually, from what I hear, the issuing authority was able to circumvent his diplomatic immunity by charging him with crimes against humanity.  He's being forced to step down, I'm sure of it!

You realize that he will be staying at the papal summer residence for two months? You know, that place, outside the Vatican. Also, why is it I've heard nothing about this on the news, internet feeds or even the blogosphere? The media would lap that shit up, they jumped at any chance to make even the most tenuous connections of the abuse cases to Benedict himself. No, this is just a rumor started by a person or persons who want to claim some type of victory. It's just like the one about him being forced out because of a bunch of gay cardinals. Those who want there to be some big money scandal say that's the reason. All of them over looking the obvious: He's an eighty-six year old man who is frail and declining in health. If he had not resigned now, people would be saying he should a year or so from now. It's pathetic really that there must be a conspiracy, there has to be a scandal or that they are sure their particular grievance is why. People think things revolve around them. 

Edited by Arawan, 26 February 2013 - 02:49 AM.

#14 Caulfield

Caulfield

TROLLOLOL

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 2,148 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:21 AM

Isn't it all about the timing for the last pope? The last pope has to be in place before the NWO finally takes over, which means the new pope has to be in place for the collapse of the USA and EU.

#15 TheUnknowable

TheUnknowable

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

The whole "last pope" thing is pretty much a self-fulfilled prophecy.  Someone created the list, then the Catholic church renames Popes when they are chosen to match it so that they look like they have been prophesied to be there.  Plus, an apocalypse always makes people more religious.

#16 Arawan

Arawan

Saint

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

The whole "last pope" thing is pretty much a self-fulfilled prophecy.  Someone created the list, then the Catholic church renames Popes when they are chosen to match it so that they look like they have been prophesied to be there.  Plus, an apocalypse always makes people more religious.

Even simpler than that the "prophecy" was written much later than it is claimed to be. That's why it is really specific at the beginning and absolutely vague at the end . It's Nostradamus' quatrains, vague enough that almost anything could be applied to them.

#17 Bard of Thorns

Bard of Thorns

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,532 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:39 PM

Eh, odds are that it only means the end of the church's power structure.  Here's hoping the nuns take it all over!

#18 TheUnknowable

TheUnknowable

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

Eh, odds are that it only means the end of the church's power structure.  Here's hoping the nuns take it all over!

---

preferably with sexier outfits and without the "Mother Teresas"

#19 Beorht

Beorht

nilbogboh

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,858 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

It was nuns running the Magdalene Laundries.

#20 Skadi

Skadi

Methuselah

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,140 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:41 PM

Ok so back to Darkness's link about the prochecies. I don't think Pope Benedict fit the so called prophecy.  So now what?