12 replies to this topic

#1 blackraven

blackraven

Crimson lilly

• Darkling
  • Pip
  • 228 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

OOC: this is a roleplay that used all types of creatures from vampires, witches, werewolves, you name it. 

Name: Rose Bloodlust

skin color: pale skin 

hair color: black 

Eyes: silver

Race: vampire

Family: the Bloodlust family

Bio: Rose lost her family in a terrible fire that took place with she was 18.  Being alone from that moment on she learned to hunt and fend for herself.  She was an unwanted child due to her being a vampire.  As time went on she learned to stay hidden so the hunters wouldn't find her.  To this day she has been hiding and she is very good at it.  She wants to get revenge on the deaths of her family and hopes one day to find and stop them from harming others like her.

IC: Rose had been alone for many years unwanted by the humans she hid in the shadows trying to stay safe.  She went out hunting only at night when they were sleeping.  She was a vampire, she had been hiding in the shadows for nearly 100 years.  She could remember the screams of her family in her memory.  She didn't know who killed them or anything else.

#2 TheUnknowable

TheUnknowable

Quintisential Questioning Quester

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:21 AM

interesting.  might join later.  Do you have to be a standard mythological creature or can we make one up (within reason).

Edit: I was thinking of the "soul Eaters" from my Psywars topic.  I think I'd rather be a half-kitsune though.  Lesser known mythological creature in the US, but with clearly defined powers.

edit2:  also, can you tell us more about the world this takes place in?  It's hard to write a character bio without knowing more.

Edited by TheUnknowable, 31 January 2013 - 11:49 AM.

#3 blackraven

blackraven

Crimson lilly

• Darkling
  • Pip
  • 228 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:01 AM

you can do that.  Its fine with me.  The world of this RP in the human world but there are creatures that come from different worlds.  You can choose the world as you see fit.

#4 TheUnknowable

TheUnknowable

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

In that case

Name: Ryuu Ito

Species: half Kitsune

Appearance: Naturally: half Japanese, long Black hair, tied into a pony tail in back, over ears.  ears are slightly pointed and have tufts of hair on the points.  Short black tail, usually hidden in shirt.  clear jewel (hoshi no tama) on chest above heart.  Wears a leather jacket, black jeans, and black t-shirt.  gun holster under his jacket (.45 1911), katana carried on his back (black handle and sheath);  Drives a black Ducati, black helmet.  Appears to be 25 years old.

Powers: perception distortion, flame thrower (throws fire from hands), low to medium level spells

Abilities/skills: sword fighting (expert), pistols (expert), spells (low to medium), hand-to-hand (expert)

Job: Assassin specializing in non-humans, though sometimes eliminates humans for non-humans.  Generally only accepts contracts in which a death would be for the greater good.

History: His grandparents came to the US in 1901 with his mother, bribing the immigration official to let them keep their "pet fox".  In 1945 his grandmother was killed in internment camp when she went out to hunt in fox form.  When his mother learned to take human form in the early sixties and knew no other kitsune for a relationship, she became a hippy.  She had Ryuu nine months after Woodstock.

When he was a kid he had to quickly learn to hide his fox-like features, and still hides them in most situations.  Home schooled for most of his childhood because of the constant moves caused by his slower-than-normal growth.  He studied various martial arts styles as a hobby, and to pass the time since he had few friends.  When his mother was attacked by a Sorcerer hunting for mystical body parts for use in spells, he killed the sorcerer instead.  Afterwords he started hunting for ingredients himself, mostly plants and renewable parts, but eventually started kill dangerous beings for these supplies.  When he was asked by one of his clients to protect the client from vampires, he took to hunting "evil" as his primary source of income.

The jewel on his chest radiates magical energy, and does so much more readily when he uses magic.

Edited by TheUnknowable, 04 February 2013 - 04:11 PM.

#5 TheUnknowable

TheUnknowable

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

358986070_1353834878.jpg

Also, what happens to vamps when you kill them and what kind of vamp lore are you using for them?  (meaning weaknesses, methods of execution, etc.)  I've been watching Buffy and Angel the last couple of weeks and I'm thinking of them, but there's classic movie, Underworld, Blade, supernatural, Ann Rice, and other types of vampires out there.  I just want to write my first two posts in advance since they are just "introduce the character" stories that don't require any knowledge of the other people's characters.  Since I'm going to assassinate a vampire in #2, I'll need to know.

Edited by TheUnknowable, 05 February 2013 - 05:17 PM.

#6 blackraven

blackraven

Crimson lilly

• Darkling
  • Pip
  • 228 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

I use all of the vampires minus the twilight ones.  The one that I use is the one that can be killed and the body remains.  

#7 TheUnknowable

TheUnknowable

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

okay.  That means I can harvest parts for spells.  makes it easier to write a "zombie spell", ie, use something from one undead to raise another undead.  Also, it means a vampire can be resurrected in much the same way as a human, as you don't have to conjure a body or reassemble it.

I wrote my first post already, so I'll write my second now.

Edited by TheUnknowable, 11 February 2013 - 11:58 AM.

#8 blackraven

blackraven

Crimson lilly

• Darkling
  • Pip
  • 228 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

ok 

#9 blackraven

blackraven

Crimson lilly

• Darkling
  • Pip
  • 228 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

Rose had over heard the humans speak of an assassin that would kill the non-humans and it scared her.  She feared that she would be killed.  Rose didn't want to die like her family had; she wanted to live.  She had never harmed the humans, but she knew those that did.  She was weak from refusing to feed on human blood.   

#10 TheUnknowable

TheUnknowable

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

Can you start a different topic for the actual RPG?  that way we can talk about it without interrupting the story.

(I assume only having one thread per RPG is how you are used to and that your last post is the first in the story.  If not, tell me.)

#11 blackraven

blackraven

Crimson lilly

• Darkling
  • Pip
  • 228 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

sure thing 

#12 TheUnknowable

TheUnknowable

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:07 AM

Ryuu pulled into the garage of his renovated car dealership. Renovated, that is on the inside. On the outside it was still as run down as the day he bought it, as repairs would have drawn attention to the building and what he did there. As he got off his Ducati, he saw a person walking towards him. “Sir, there's a client here who wants to speak to you”, said Brian, Ryuu's assistant, meeting him.

“I'll be right there,” said Ryuu, taking off his helmet. He hung the helmet on one of the handles and made sure that his hair still covered his ears, then went inside.

Seeing the client standing there, he greeted her. “Mrs. Addison. Nice to see you again. Need another spell?” The last time she had hired him was for an illusion to make her look ten years younger. She may be a vain trophy wife, but she knows how to be generous with her money.

“Maybe,” she said, drying her eyes. “My husband was attacked by a vampire. He died before I found him. I brought him here. I was hoping...”

“That I could bring him back? Maybe. Let me see.” He walked over to a middle age male body wearing a thousand dollar suit. He lifted an arm and dropped it. “Rigor hasn't set in yet. That's good. He should be fresh enough to resurrect. I'll go get the supplies. Brian, stitch up the holes in his neck and fill him up with blood. I'm going to get the supplies for the spell.” Brian nodded and Ryuu walked into the back. A few minutes later he returned with a bowl covered in Egyptian hieroglyphs, four candles with holders, an Egyptian sword, and a cat in a cage.

“You're not going to kill that poor kitty, are you?”

“The ancient Egyptians believed that cats were the guardians of the underworld. More importantly, a cat's life was even more important than a human life. By sending its soul to the underworld I should be able to bring his back. Then all that's left is to repair the body and return it to life.”

“Well, if it means getting my Henry back, I suppose I don't mind if you kill one cat.”

“Good.” Ryuu placed the candles around the body, one at each point of the compass, and lit them. He then opened the body's shirt, then took the cat, and held it in the air. After focusing his mind and energy, he began to speak.

“Great god Horus, ruler of the dead, we beseech thee. Except this sacrifice,” he slit the cats throat and drained it's blood into the bowl. “and return to us the one who was lost.” He laid the cat's body on the cart and dipped his fingers in the blood. He then drew the eye of Horus on the corpse's chest. “Return the soul to this body and restore the life which was taken.” He then opened his energy and fed it into the spell. As he neared the end of his strength, the spell took over and turned the energy orange, covering the body in orange sparks, soaking in anywhere the energy touched the symbol. Eventually the orange lights subsided and Ryuu slouched. When he had recovered he stood up and connected two leads from a heart monitor to the man's chest. A beep and slight movement on the screen showed that the man was indeed alive.

Ryuu looked at his watch. “About ten beats per minute and rising. Good.” He looked at Mrs Addison. “It should take him at least an hour to return to consciousness. Tell me, does he like Chinese?”

“He does business with corporations in china from time to time.” she answered.

Ryuu felt like facepalming himself, but it wouldn't exactly be appropriate around customers. “No, I mean Chinese food. There's a restaurant about ten blocks from here. After a person is brought back to life they are usually extremely hungry. I was going to send Brian to get something for me, anyways. Magic takes it out of you.”

“Magic takes what out of you?”

Ryuu sighed. “Energy. I need to eat to replenish my energy.”

“Oh, well in that case, he'll have a happy ending. That's what he always gets when he goes to that Vietnamese place near our house. I don't know what it is, but it must be good, judging by the smile on his face.”

Ryuu kept himself from reacting to her shear stupidity. “Just get him some general Tso's chicken with lo mein and cashew chicken with rice. We'll let him pick what he wants out of it. Get me some sesame chicken with rice. Then go to that Vegetarian place next door and get me some fried Tofu.” Brian nodded. “Do you want anything, Mrs. Addison?”

“Oh, no, I can't eat. I'm trying a new “only eat at night” diet. So far I've lost twelve ounces.”

“Of course you are,” Ryuu sighed.

As they were finishing eating Mr. Addison started to move, then woke up. “Henry,” his wife squealed, and ran over to kiss him.

“Margret,” he said, in a hoarse voice, “why am I here?”

“A mean vampire killed you, but he brought you back.”

“Uh, thanks. And you are?”

“Ryuu Ito. I'm an all-around, lets call it, paranormal consultant. I do spells for those that have the money to pay me. I even help people out when they have need of Justice in situations that the cops can't or won't handle.”

“Like vampire assaults,” Henry Addison said. Ryuu nodded. “I've got a sorcerer on my staff in case I need him, but even he can't bring people back from the dead. Make them a Zombie, sure, but not resurrect them.”

“The spell I used does take a bit of experience,” said Ryuu, “not to mention a lot of energy. Most people can't handle it. Also, some of the supplies are hard to find. I had to make my own copies of the sacred objects, but for someone with a real set, you could have been back with us in a matter of minutes.”

Mr. Addison looked at his chest. “I assume this symbol was part of the ritual?” Ryuu nodded. “In that case,” he said, putting his shirt back on, “do you have something to eat? I'm starving.” Brian sat the food in front of him and Mr. Addison immediately began stuffing his face. “Spicy food usually gives me heartburn,” he said in between bites, “but I don't care right now.”

When he was done, he looked at Ryuu. “So, what do I owe you?”

“Fifty thousand dollars ought to cover it. No personal checks.”

Mr. Addison reached in his wallet and handed Brian his debit card. “I assume you take Visa?”

“If there's enough on it, sure.” After the money had been transferred, Ryuu looked at Henry Addison again. “So, I assume you want me to get rid of the vampire that bit you.” Mr. Addison nodded. “what can you tell me about him?”

“His name is Harold Black.” Mr. Addison said, “I've been in talks to buy out a line of Italian restaurants that he owns. His company's a bit larger than mine, but their food service branch isn't doing too well. Looks like he decided to attempt a hostile takeover of his competition instead of selling off a failing branch.”

#13 blackraven

blackraven

Crimson lilly

• Darkling
  • Pip
  • 228 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

Rose had been hearing from the other vampires that there was a hunter that was hired. She had seen what they could do.  she was younger then, but now she knew that she would be next, but yet she had never harmed a human at all.  she stayed away from them all.