Welcome to Darkness Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Looking for a vampire

- - - - - vampires

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

mortix

mortix

Lurker

• Spawn
  • 2 posts

Hi all, im new to the forums, for as far as i know, even if i feel ALOT different of others, im human. Im 19 years old and i live in quebec, canada. Im currently trying to find vampires, i have alot of questions. If there's some willing to answer, please tell me. thank you.

• Scarlet Rakoczy likes this

Rhuen

Rhuen

Celestial Power

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,300 posts

well of course your human, so is anyone you meet who calls themselves a vampire.

If you are looking for HLVs, there are some on here i believe,

but if you are looking for centuries old walking corpses that drink the blood of the living and have weird powers, sorry those don't exist outside of fiction; even the folklore vampires bare little resemblence to those.

mortix

mortix

Lurker

• Spawn
  • 2 posts

I know what vampire are, trust me, you dont know me :P and i never said i was a normal human

Scarlet Rakoczy

Scarlet Rakoczy

Upyra

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,374 posts

Welcome to the site, mortix.

CultHero

CultHero

668... Neighbour of the beast

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,204 posts
I know what vampire are, trust me, you dont know me :P and i never said i was a normal human

Funny how everyone who comes here asking about vampires says the same thing...

Scarlet Rakoczy

Scarlet Rakoczy

Upyra

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,374 posts

He is not proclaiming to be a god.  Just says he is not a normal human.  Indeed, vampyres are not mundanes.  Not better nor worse, but not the same.

CultHero

CultHero

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,204 posts

Nobody is 'mundane' calling someone 'mundane' is tantamount to calling someone a muggle.

Etu_Malku

Etu_Malku

IAMTHATIAMNOT

• Darkling
  • Pip
  • 937 posts
Hi all, im new to the forums, for as far as i know, even if i feel ALOT different of others, im human. Im 19 years old and i live in quebec, canada. Im currently trying to find vampires, i have alot of questions. If there's some willing to answer, please tell me. thank you.

What questions do you have concerning Vampyrism?

Scarlet Rakoczy

Scarlet Rakoczy

Upyra

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,374 posts
Nobody is 'mundane' calling someone 'mundane' is tantamount to calling someone a muggle.

It is true that no one is mundane, however, mundane is a noun used within the VC/OVC refers to those who do not self-identify as being vampyric.  The same term is used to describe nonsorcerers.

Rhuen

Rhuen

Celestial Power

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,300 posts

Mundane means everyday normal stuff.

transmundane would be something that goes beyond the ordinary everyday world.

Basically its just a fancier sounding version of "normal" and "paranormal" or as Mundane goes you could go with "weird" as the alternate one as its defined by the society in which it is used.

Scarlet Rakoczy

Scarlet Rakoczy

Upyra

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,374 posts

But it used a noun in the VC/OVC and within magickal groups to designate those who are "normal."

Within the VC, SphynxCat proposed the term, "mundane," in 1999 or so:  http://www.sanguinar...C_mundane.shtml

Etu_Malku

Etu_Malku

IAMTHATIAMNOT

• Darkling
  • Pip
  • 937 posts

Mundane: "Of this earthly world rather than a heavenly or spiritual one"

In subcultural and fictional uses, a mundane is a person who does not belong to a particular group

In fantasy literature the term is used to apply to non-magical people or the non-magical society

In sanguinarian circles the word means "non sanguinarian", although some consider it derogatory

Edited by Etu_Malku, 30 January 2013 - 08:38 PM.

CultHero

CultHero

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,204 posts

That's what I said, it's like calling someone a muggle. But I digress.

Rhuen

Rhuen

Celestial Power

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,300 posts

Muggle,

because funny "knicknames" for people who are different from you and you look down on, is always fun and comes across well and liked.

yeeeaaahhh....

Scarlet Rakoczy

Scarlet Rakoczy

Upyra

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,374 posts

You better not be talking about me, Rhuen.  I do not look down on people.

CultHero

CultHero

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,204 posts

I didn't mean to rustle any feathers and I'm not accusing people of looking down on others but that wasn't my original point. Everyone feels 'different' or 'not normal' in their lives, especially when they're young. Awkwardness does not equate not being a regular human, most people go through it making it a pretty normal human occurrence.

Also the OP didn't clarify what they were looking for, are they looking for HLVs or supernatural vampires?

Rhuen

Rhuen

Celestial Power

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,300 posts
You better not be talking about me, Rhuen.  I do not look down on people.

[no, its a stab at Harry Potter and its overuse of the term Muggle.

Etu_Malku

Etu_Malku

IAMTHATIAMNOT

• Darkling
  • Pip
  • 937 posts

I look down upon ALL of you here . . . muwhahahaha!!

Scarlet Rakoczy

Scarlet Rakoczy

Upyra

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,374 posts

Thank you, CultHero and Rhuen.

Are you turning in a Jehovah's Witness, Etu?  Lol.  :P

• Etu_Malku likes this

TheInformer

TheInformer

Lurker

• Spawn
  • 4 posts

i think everyone has gone off the topic "looking for a vampire". has anyone actually met a vampire. if you have then i think you should share with mortrix any information he is looking for like how they look or how they act, where they are usually found or sited.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vampires