• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Warptime

Warptime

Student of Everything

• Darkling
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:19 AM

I have a problem at the moment, it doesn't worry me but it's seriously bugging me, niggling at my mind.

Ghosts.

Now it's not a haunting issue or anything, it's the thought that they could exist, but i'll get to that in a few moments and instead begin with my experience and the experiences of some members of my family in a roughly chronological order. They're not particularly linked, it's just how my mind has organised them.

1. Before I was born, a good few decades ago, one of my great grandmothers was ill and confined pretty much to her house. She would talk about seeing things move, and a man in uniform. My dad once felt something move past his leg (she had no pets or anything) and once while my parents and some grandparents and other family were there a clock chimed that hadn't worked in years.

2. After my birth, one night my mother saw the figure of an old woman, who she thinks was one of her grandparents (possibly the one in the previous example who had since died) standing over my cot looking into it.

3. When I was very young, possibly 12 or 13, I woke up one night to find a figure standing at the head of my bed, roughly 5 feet in height. After spending about 15 minutes feeling paralyzed with fear I got to my light switch and turned it on, there was nothing there and my door was closed.

4. Since my grandmother died we've been finding 1 penny coins about the place, something she used to collect in a jar, The usual places you'd drop change like near the sofa and such I dismissed, but my mother found one in front of her gravestone. Until she tols the rest of my family about that, noone was aware we were finding them.

5. My aunt claims to experience happenings like things falling off of shelves, and candles lighting themselves as well as occasionally even talking to my deceased grandmother.

6. A second aunt (or some similar connection, extended family confuses me) who lives in Canada has recently told us that her son, about 3 years old, has told her about talking to a man. He then identified him in a photograph, and the man was his grandfather, who had died before he was born and had never met.

Now, I can make attempts to explain away a lot of it as chance, or dreams, or the head generally messing with senses. I could also say that they just see things because they want to, but my family tend towards skepticism. 

And so we reach my problem. My mind is torn between believing and not. Even if I accept ghosts as existing, my mind screams at me asking what they are and what they're made of. I'm completely at a loss.

Does anyone else have an issue where evidence points to something that your mind is telling you can't be true?

Does anyone else have ghost stories that they REALLY believe?

#2 Rhuen

Rhuen

Celestial Power

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,267 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

I have a number of theories/hypothesises as to what a ghost actually is depending on the haunting type and its physical/energy structure which would explain certain aspects that ghost hunters use to locate them that they don't understand the why of, even including how its possible if the base premise of their structure being an electromagnetic matrix is true how they can scratch/burn people with out harming the clothes over their bodies.

#3 Warptime

Warptime

Student of Everything

• Darkling
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:52 AM

Well they seem none threatening to me, the threatening spirit things seem to be more demonic entities rather than ghosts. A poltergeist for example is a demon, not a ghost, in folklore, regardless of whether they exist.

There also appears to be more of a mental element to ghosts. Seeing and hearing things. Though stuff being moved, and in my last example a seemingly sentient one talking, seems to pop up aswell.

Perhaps I'm to hasty in blocking them all into being ghosts. Perhaps the ones that actually interact are something else. 

#4 Rhuen

Rhuen

Celestial Power

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,267 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:35 PM

and that puts you ahead of the game than most people. It took those ghost hunter shows a good number of seasons before I guess people online beat the idea into them of "elementals" what they just kept calling "inhuman hauntings"

I have a theory that most hauntings are more like a natural occuring hologram, residual hauntings being the most direct example, images, sounds, trapped in the environment that in the right conditions can be played back, Imprinted due to circumstances not fully understood.

On the interactive hauntings, I actually put these in three catagories.

1: Partially Interactive: I suspect that some imprints include emotional state and bits of memory related to that event allowing the ghost to react (more so than really interact) but only based on those partial memories and emotions, maybe with enough energy a little interaction with the physical world due to its nature (electromagnetic, this drawing in ambient energy and static cling contact effects/static effect making nervous system of living think its being touched when it isn't) But at the end of the day it can't record any new memory so any new attempts to interact will about the same.

*kind of like a very basic AI in a videogame, it can only react in certain ways and never remember*

2: Mostly Interactive: about the same as the above, however it can retain longer memory and more fully interact with the physical world, however it still as limited responses and limited memory because its only an imprint of the person, possibly either the concious mind a handful of memories or else the subconcious mind and a bit more reactive than active. Possibly even thinking its self the actual person, but due to looped memory not able to comprehend that it isn't or anything too complex beyond a handful of new memories.

3: Fully interactive: I doubt most of these relate to humans, and seldom seem to have a human form. Potentially lifeforms of another spectrum or dimensional layer. I say if it acts like its alive, chances are good that its alive.

#5 Darkminded

Darkminded

knownwithoutwonder

• Darkling
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:24 PM

if you want to find out about gohsts then google ectoplasm which is first found in the human body but can travel out of in cases of death or special cases like obe or invocation

#6 Rhuen

Rhuen

Celestial Power

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,267 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

ectoplasm was invented by side show hoaxers in the late 1800's with the invention of photography to take advantage of mooks. It has never had a basis in actual investigations, and was abandoned overtime by actual investigators only persisting with its use in popular media as a term.

Ghosts are a matter of electromagnetic matrixes.

#7 Darkminded

Darkminded

knownwithoutwonder

• Darkling
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:00 PM

i disagree.ghosts are people who died and didnt make it to a far enough dimension to be able to leave earth or simply didnt want to

think about it like this trying to look at a ghost would be like sponge bob trying to look at you, he is only 2d so he cannot see left and right only up down forward and backward

#8 Rhuen

Rhuen

Celestial Power

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,267 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

I have yet to encounter a ghost that convinced me it was a dead person and not a residual signature in the environment or else an electromagnetic lifeform posing as a deceased person, some don't even pose.

If it acts alive, and reacts, then its not dead. Residuals can sometimes have limited reactions, but so far no more complex than a basic AI program could exhibit like it has limited memory and reactions based on the emotions and thoughts present at the time it was imprinted on the space in which it resides.

#9 Darkminded

Darkminded

knownwithoutwonder

• Darkling
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:10 PM

any perception you are having like this is only because thats how you are convinced it is.. however i challenge you to try and believe that any residual signiture or lifeform that you can perceive has the ability to remember something from your past that it would not normallh know and  most likely the "lifeform" wll know

#10 Darkminded

Darkminded

knownwithoutwonder

• Darkling
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:59 PM

also i cant figure out how to post a new thread??

and why chat wont work

#11 Rhuen

Rhuen

Celestial Power

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,267 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:25 AM

any perception you are having like this is only because thats how you are convinced it is.. however i challenge you to try and believe that any residual signiture or lifeform that you can perceive has the ability to remember something from your past that it would not normallh know and  most likely the "lifeform" wll know

{{{

why would anything that isn't me remember something from my past? I think you misread something there.

on the post a new thread,

look around the top right corner of the main subforum pages, there should be a post new topic button.

also chat is always dead.