11 replies to this topic

#1 Skadi

Skadi

Methuselah

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,140 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

So we moved to this house a year ago and we've had a lot of unexplained stuff happened.  (Heavy Footsteps and nobody is there, wine glasses thrown across the room from a shelf where mugs right beside it didn't move a mm etc...)

About a week ago my BF left for work at about 6 am and I had been awake with the baby.  I went back to bed and was falling asleep when I heard the bedroom door move.  The door was already wide open so it didn't make sense and it was creaking like someone was moving it back and forth a few times.  Then I heard footsteps in the room and thought maybe he had forgotten something and came back but then I just felt like something really BAD was in the room.  I can't really explain the feeling, it was just terrifying.  I felt like I didn't want to move to even so much as breath in the hope that whatever or whoever it was wouldn't notice me and I was afraid to even open my eyes. 

Then I felt the comforter slowly being pulled off of me so I started repeating the Lords Prayer over and over in my mind but I was so afraid I kept forgetting the words.  I've had the Lords prayer memorised since before I could even read.  I've never just forgotten the words.  That is just how afraid I was.  Then suddenly I heard my daughter cry out over the monitor and the pulling on the sheet stopped and the room just cleared.

Now I would like to think that this was just sleep paralysis but the thing is I've never had it before to compare.  I am also not sure whether or not I could move.  I mean, I didn't WANT to move so I didn't try.

#2 Violette

Violette

Upyra

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,352 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

I had something very similar happen to me off and on for years.  It was horrible.  The mind is awake but the body is asleep.  I would be choked and my organs prodded, things like that. The pain was excruciating.  I even woke up with marks down my back that I could not have done physically.   I also heard the footsteps and the assailant's clothing rustling, like pants swishing together, and heard them getting closer and closer to my bed.   Instead of sleep paralysis, I believe that my fear created an entity.  One reason I believe that I created it is that as soon I would think, "please don't choke me," it would.  I can understand you not being able to recall the Lord's Prayer even though the mind is alert.  If you can muster, "Jesus Christ,  help me," that might work.

#3 Rhuen

Rhuen

Celestial Power

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,295 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:21 AM

A few things I know of that are supposed to be able to help against negative entities from entering the room.

Placing your shoes at the foot of the bed with the toes pointed outwards,

turning your coat inside out by the bed.

and more reasonably as there might be something quantum mechanical behind it, hanging iron above or around the door or by the bed. Some go so far as to have iron nails or horeshoes under the pillow.

(if these entities are electromagnetic in nature then pure iron could act as a disrupting presence to their fields and cause them "physical" harm)

#4 Synari

Synari

Divine Sin

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,908 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

I have occasional sleep paralysis but it is similar but not the same as what you describe.

It IS very scary and can be painful (for me it is triggered by pain). In sleep paralysis you want and try to move, but cannot.

It sounds like you had an encounter with a negative spirit or entity.

Edited by Synari, 25 December 2012 - 10:10 PM.

#5 blood raven

blood raven

Lurker

• Spawn
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:30 AM

i read that the average person has sleep paralysis about 3 times in his or her life. i have had it too many times to count. i also read that keeping calm and relaxing during this can lead to astral travel in some cases. but when i did try to let it take over i felt like something bad was really taking over. what you are experiencing is not sleep paralysis. it sounds more like a haunting. use logic before jumping to conclusions but if your sure it is something supernatural and not anything else i would recommend you or an expert preforming a banishing ritual and a blessing in your house. the lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram should be sufficient. 

#6 Skadi

Skadi

Methuselah

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,140 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:28 PM

I've been thinking about asking my priest to come bless the house.  I just don't want him to think I am crazy.

#7 Violette

Violette

Upyra

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,352 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

I've been thinking about asking my priest to come bless the house.  I just don't want him to think I am crazy.

You could underplay it a bit. Maybe tell him you have friends who have experienced the same and had negative experiences.  Maybe even ask him what he knows about sleep paralysis and waking nightmares to sort of break the ice.

#8 Rhuen

Rhuen

Celestial Power

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,295 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:08 AM

If you are talking the catholic church, I believe they have a strict set of rules when it comes to first determining if something is haunted. Although I'd think a general blessing wouldn't be a problem.

#9 Beorht

Beorht

nilbogboh

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,858 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

Sounds horrific.

If you were worried about a priest thinking you were crazy, there's the option of trying to gather some video evidence of the poltergeist activity. There's also the possibility that you will capture some E.V.P. recordings, although I can understand that it might be considered communicating with spirits and therefore not an option if you're a practicing Christian.

Edited by Bright One, 29 December 2012 - 08:34 PM.

#10 Skadi

Skadi

Methuselah

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,140 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:16 AM

I'm Anglican, not Catholic, although I guess it's basically the same difference.  I'd only be asking for a general blessing.

Bright One, I'm not sure I'd be able to get video evidence.  Aside from the footsteps, we get maybe one random event every month or two.  I am not sure that the footsteps alone are evidence, I am sure they could be explained by pipes or something.  As for EVP, I'm not sure I want to encourage it if there is something.

#11 starheaven

starheaven

Victim

• Spawn
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

If Your bf also do notice these unexplained stuff going on then certainly the problem lies in house.Video or tapes will not catch this entity. House might be a dwelling for entity before you moved in. Maybe you could bring there a priest or medium.

#12 Shana

Shana

Witch

• Spawn
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

If is for real that sleep paralysis, then it could be something like an vampire,a lost soul or something that feeds with life energy.It means that when you re asleep the creature, creates you nightmares and it won t let you move a muscle,not even to speak.Probably it would help if you find something about the owner of that house,and if someone or who died there.