2 replies to this topic

#1 Darkness

Darkness

Trickster

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,938 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

Use this topic to form your own super group.  At minimum, have a vocalist, and a guitarist.  Add a bass player, drummer, keyboards, etc.. of your own choosing if desired.  You can even go back in time if you'd like and choose a vocalist's work during a certain time period.

#2 Beorht

Beorht

nilbogboh

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,858 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

I think it would be kind of cool if Cyndi Lauper and Kate Bush collaborated, so they can be sharing vocal duties - maybe Cyndi can be playing the rhythm guitar and Kate can be playing the piano. David Gilmour has collaborated with Kate Bush before, so might as well have Nick Mason and Roger Waters on drums and bass. So, three ex-Pink Floyd members fronted by Kate Bush and Cyndi Lauper. Then somewhere towards the end of the set Lee "Scratch" Perry and George Clinton can walk onto the stage, accompanied by Bernie Worrell and Bootsy Collins joining with the other musicians in an extended jam alternating between Funk and Reggae.

Edited by Bright One, 11 February 2013 - 12:31 PM.

#3 TheUnknowable

TheUnknowable

Quintisential Questioning Quester

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

Most of you will think I'm weird, but I'd choose all people from 80s rock.  the guitarist from "free bird" by Skynyrd (don't know name), and some British invasion singer, then Elton John on Keyboard (yes, I know he's a piano player, but he should be able to adapt pretty well.)