5 replies to this topic

#1 Darkness

Darkness

Trickster

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,938 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

I'm currently finishing up the Walking Dead series, and the series Fables.  Thinking of trying Sandman next.  Any others I should look for?

#2 AmieNoire

AmieNoire

The Unseeliest

• Darkling
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

The Sandman is my all-time favourite. I think I'm due for a re-read. And then the Books of Magic.

I'm not really into superheroes, but for a while I collected Elektra and Witchblade issues, as there are so few female leads in the medium. The Lara Croft series is good as well, and she's more lusciously drawn than the games could ever make her.

And then there are the Metabarons, the Raptors and the Regulator. I love European comics, although the French originals can be a pain to find.

#3 Archangel

Archangel

Heteroflexible

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,771 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

My all time favorite was the Weapon X trade paperback ( a collection of the Marvel Comics Presents issues that traced the origin of Wolverine's adamantium skeleton and claws), then the Sandman trade paperback, then finally the original Age of Apocalypse series. 

#4 AmieNoire

AmieNoire

The Unseeliest

• Darkling
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:06 AM

It goes without saying that Asterix is a must! (And if you're going to read just one adventure, that has to be 'Asterix and Cleopatra'. C-l-a-s-s-i-c.)

#5 Luna_Storm

Luna_Storm

Forever the Damsel

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,728 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

DEADPOOL!!

sorry but it just has to be said 

#6 Rhuen

Rhuen

Celestial Power

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,272 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

I jump around so much its hard to say.

I really liked the Annihilation series from Marvel, but I mostly jump in and out of series like X-men and Avengers, or get mini-series like Darkstalkers.