Welcome to Darkness Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Are Vampires and Werewolf's Real?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

darkestrose

darkestrose

Victim

• Spawn
  • 9 posts
hi. so there is this guy friend of mine. and we are closer than ever. and about a month or so ago, he told me that he is a werewolf/vampire hybrid. and he told me something about a elder council and stuff like that. and i just want to know if its true. or if the whole vampire/werewolf thing is just lies and crap. i do believe in controlling the elements. and some witch-craft. so i do have a open mind. i just need help on seeing what the truth is. so if you can give me any input and information. i dont know if he is mental. but he really does believe it. . .

Violette

Violette

Upyra

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,361 posts
There are real vampyre councils etc. If you browse the threads in this section, you will see videos and interviews with real vampyres. We have interviewed some here, too.

As far as a hybrid of werewolf/vampyre, that is difficult to say. Some do believe it is possible to be both.

Rhuen

Rhuen

Celestial Power

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,300 posts
Seeing as both are just humans who have an affinity for that life style, then no technically he can no more be a "werewolf/vampire" hybrid than you can say someone is a Christian/Wiccan hybrid.

In the strict folklore sense, the werewolf was a sorcerer who turned into a wolf, and the vampire was a blood sucking corpse with no mind that existed solely as a blight upon humanity.

In the case of the Vrykolakas, a werewolf in life could become a vampire in death.

But in reality, the movies are fake.Where These are genetic mutations whose traits can be passed down like X-men or Fae from Lost Girl or Underworld, and result in hybrid mutations of the two sub-classes of homosapien.

So no, in real life you can not get the horror cliche of the half vamp half wolf beastie.

Etu_Malku

Etu_Malku

IAMTHATIAMNOT

• Darkling
  • Pip
  • 937 posts
No, they aren't real . . . but Kelly's cleavage is definitely real! :boobs:

Violette

Violette

Upyra

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,361 posts

No, they aren't real . . . but Kelly's cleavage is definitely real! :boobs:

Lol. My cleavage is only a matter of perception.

CultHero

CultHero

668... Neighbour of the beast

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,200 posts
There are Human Living Vampires, those that like Rhuen stated live a vampire lifestyle or find themselves drawn to it. There are also Therians who feel they have a connection to certain animals or believe they have an animal soul. There are no supernatural creatures.

As for your friend, it sounds like he just discovered Underworld and is pulling your leg.

Alexander Angellove

Alexander Angellove

Divine Messenger

• Darkling
  • Pip
  • 618 posts
This subject is like... the ultimate zombie. Not even a headshot could kill it. Once every week, a new guy comes along and asks that exact question. NEVER bothers looking around to see if... I don't know... one of us ignorant fools ever bothered asking that?! I think it was Sire who scolded me for being rude last time... Can't quite recall. Was it 8 years ago? I know I'm a jerk, but seriously!

Dude, didn't you ever wonder: if Lestat was real, flesh and undead bone, would he hang around a forum to answer your dumbass questions? I know the internet contains a lot of information, but this is just absurd. ...Or not. I guess I should be grateful he didn't ask if God was real. Jesus... Twilight fried a lot of bloody brains.

Siren

Siren

Fickle

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 2,806 posts
Are vampires and werewolves real? No, it's all folklore. But there's a large number of people that like to believe they are, so they act the part to the extent they're allowed. I mean, they're humans after all.

Black Widow

Black Widow

Sanguarian

• Darkling
  • 49 posts
Yes. Yes they are real. Real as you can believe my word (as a stranger from the internet.)As for a hybrid, completely impossible. Sorry. It is possible to have been a vampire and have been changed by a werewolf to become a wolf as well, but you would either be a full blooded wolf or dead. I hope you find this helpful. Any more questions I can answer I would be happy to.

CultHero

CultHero

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,200 posts
I have yet to see any empirical proof that vampires and werewolves are real. Could you please site your sources? I would love to research them.

Black Widow

Black Widow

Sanguarian

• Darkling
  • 49 posts
I'm sure you know well enough that if there was a source on the internet (the worst place to find facts) you would have discovered it already. I will not be subject to the ongoing trivializations of "links to facts" that don't even exist and be made to look ignorant. You don't simply tell undiscovered things they do not exist because they can not blog about it online. I speak the truth and if its not good enough for you than move along because I believe I was trying to help someone with an honest question, not trying to defend my family's existence.

CultHero

CultHero

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,200 posts
Sorry dude but the truth remains the same, there are no supernatural vampires or werewolves. HLVs and Therians, sure why not. But real supernatural vampires, no.

Why do I comment on the fact that there are no real vampires? Because the people who post these questions are always teenagers and usually young teens or even preteens and some of them can be naive. All it takes is for one kid to talk to the wrong person who claims to be a 'real' supernatural vampire or werewolf and agree to meet them and bam, you've got one dead kid on your hands. That or another rape statistic. People need to be careful about what they read on the internet and take everything with a grain of salt.

Do not believe anything anyone tells you on the internet, especially the impossible, without proof and since not a single person in all of existence has ever provided proof that vampires and werewolves exist then perhaps you should be the one to move along.
  • BlackAngel likes this

BlackAngel

BlackAngel

Observer

• Darkling
  • Pip
  • 186 posts
thank you CultHero,when i said people should be more careful what they write or read for that matter, people jumped at my neck,true..i didn't say it quite so nice. as for vampires and werewolves, you can't say they do or don't exist without proof... and there is an old sayin': behind every mith there's a seed of truth. ;)

CultHero

CultHero

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,200 posts
The folklore and myth is fascinating even if there are no supernatural elements involved. There is the obsession primitive people had with blood such as the fact that people believed one way to cure illness was to use leaches to 'suck the evil' out of people and other forms of bloodletting. The taboo of sex throughout the ages and how the vampire has become a symbol of the release of sexual tension (especially in the Victorian era). Then there are historical events such as the Spanish Inquisition wherein the Catholic church and the Vatican itself were completely positive that vampires existed and hunted down and killed people they believed were vampires. The European and Scandinavian beliefs that people can rise from the grave to torment the living are just as prominent today as they were hundreds of years ago. People are still known to dig up their dead, drive a steak through their hearts, decapitate them and stuff cloves of garlic down the corpses throat.

Peoples obsessions with lycanthropy and the belief they are connected to animal spirits is also fascinating without bringing a supernatural element into it. The myths are what are the most fascinating, and the causes of those myths. Most myths come from primitive peoples misunderstanding of the world around them and how they dealt with that lack of knowledge, especially when it came to death, the greatest fear and strongest taboo of them all.

Edited by CultHero, 15 February 2012 - 05:30 AM.

Black Widow

Black Widow

Sanguarian

• Darkling
  • 49 posts
Primitive people also discovered the planets, the stars, the world, and the universe itself. Galileo studied the planets and made so many discoveries that would we would be lost without them. People frowned upon him as well saying that his findings were not true although the evidence lay right in front of their faces. He didn't stop because of their ignorance. Just because the proof that society wants doesn't fit the puzzle just right does not mean it isn't true. Vampires and Werewolves have been quiet since the beginning of time, doesn't mean they do not exist, just wanted to be hidden. I can not speak for the wolves because that is their ordeal to work out on whether they are ready to show or not, As for vampires, being one myself, I do not need to find proof for your "findings". You will never believe no matter what I say so it's pointless. As for the point of meeting up with someone who claims they are one, he is ABSOLUTELY right. Never arrange to meet someone off the internet no matter what they claim. Even worse if they ARE a vampire, you are as good as dead. There's only a handful of vamps in the world that are honestly "good" and not mixed up in blood oaths and that, although it is strict that we follow the black veil (another rule I've broken), I feel like it's time people knew what we are all about. I'm tired of being the outsider, and hiding the truths of things. It's just sad that people can not accept the facts that they DO exist, there IS an underworld full of dark mysterious beings.

Black Veil Link -http://www.sanguinar...ck_veil_2.shtml
Proof doesn't need to be out there for their to be proof of one's existence. This is the best I can do though. It's not the original site for the Black Veil, but It's close enough.

CultHero

CultHero

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,200 posts
Sanguinarian vampires are HLVs, no supernatural creatures involved. If you are claiming you are an HLV, I believe you completely. If however you are saying you are an undead creature of the night that rises from it's grave to feast on human blood to sustain your unnatural life then,no, I don't believe it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds to me that you are claiming to be of the 'gentleman vampire' variety of vampires which is actually a fabrication created in the Victorian era, the first example being that of Varney the Vampire by Thomas Preskett and the most famous being of course Dracula by Bram Stoker. The Gentleman Vampire as I stated earlier was a metaphor for sexual desire and the act of drinking blood and being consumed was a metaphor for sex. Most vampires in modern fiction from The Vampire Chronicles to yes, even Twilight use this formula, usually because it provides a more dramatic, sympathetic character.

'Real' supernatural vampires however are nothing more than ghouls that crawl out of their graves at night in a mindless search for blood. They are walking corpses, not gallant creatures who wrestle with their consciences on whether or not it is right to kill humans for blood and live in torment because they are haunted by guilt over those they have killed in the past.

Traditional vampires were the result of such diseases as tuberculous which is a contagious wasting disease. One person would fall ill and die and soon members of their family would follow. No one understood that these people were dying from what would later be known as consumption, to them it was the work of a vampire who came back to feast on it's family, turning them into vampires as well. A notable case is that of Mercy Brown, the Rhode Island Vampire.

As for Galileo, his discoveries can be proven, he was after all a scientist. He sought out answers and found them, even if they were not accepted at the time by those obsessed with superstition. We can prove the world is not flat, that the earth revolves around the sun and that the earth is not the centre of the universe. His discoveries could be observed, something that cannot be done with vampires, werewolves etc. When and if that ever changes then of course science's understanding of the phenomenon will change as well.
  • Siren likes this

Black Widow

Black Widow

Sanguarian

• Darkling
  • 49 posts
I'm not familiar with the term HLV? And no I am not some undead three hundred year old sparkly beast. I do drink blood, I'm cold skinned, nocturnal, and other such traits, like hearing and sight exemplified.

CultHero

CultHero

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,200 posts
HLV stands for 'Human Living Vampire' the site you linked to Sanguinarius.org is a site for HLVs.

Black Widow

Black Widow

Sanguarian

• Darkling
  • 49 posts
The sight is for sanguarians which means blood drinking vampire. There is no mention of "HLV" on the sight, nor have I ever heard the term before.

Violette

Violette

Upyra

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,361 posts
You haven't heard HLV before? The OVC is quite large. I'm a member of a House and very active in the community.

If you scroll through the threads here, you will find links for various interviews, videos, etc. We've even interviewed some vamps here.

Edited by KellyScarletRakoczy, 15 February 2012 - 08:42 PM.