33 replies to this topic

#1 Scarlet Fragonard

Scarlet Fragonard

Upyra

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,328 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:52 PM

I don't take this seriously but you never know. Someone is advertising for vampire hunters in Colorado Springs, Colorado. I'm guessing the ad was prompted by a recent article on the Colorado Vampire Association. But anyway...

http://cosprings.cra...2780547239.html

Edited by KellyScarletRakoczy, 04 January 2012 - 08:03 PM.

#2 Dhamien

Dhamien

Superman

• Twilight
  • Pip
  • 634 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:28 PM

Wow.

"This cannot be tolerated" ... I had no idea the issue was so grandoise.

Honestly I had no idea the grounds in Colorado Springs were so fertile for hunting.

Maybe I should plan a trip there sometime. I mean, the ad says nothing about otherkin being unwelcome, and I'm interested to see this "growing problem".

#3 Scarlet Fragonard

Scarlet Fragonard

Upyra

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,328 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:14 AM

The vampyre community in Colorado Springs is large but I doubt the hunting is very good. Is it ever?

#4 Dhamien

Dhamien

Superman

• Twilight
  • Pip
  • 634 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:24 AM

True.

#5 Rhuen

Rhuen

Celestial Power

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,181 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:38 PM

Insanity is infectious, like if the flu and herpes had a baby together.

#6 Dhamien

Dhamien

Superman

• Twilight
  • Pip
  • 634 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:06 PM

No doubt Rhuen.

I mean, seriously, advertising for Vampire Hunters? Really?

As if when people are found dead, mouths stuffed with cloves of garlic, wooden stakes stuck inside them, with a look of confusion mixed with horror plastered across their faces, no one will know what happened.

And even beyond that, since when has the vampyre community become such a problem?

I mean, if they were really vampires from the stories, I could see the issue people might have. But were that the case, I doubt they'd live in Colorado.

I know I wouldn't.

Italy, baby.

#7 Black Widow

Black Widow

Sanguarian

• Darkling
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:34 PM

well this is sad and somewhat scary with a dash of idiocy.people can be so intolerable -.-

#8 Black Widow

Black Widow

Sanguarian

• Darkling
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:37 PM

wow....even scarier, my boyfriend (pranic vampire) used to live in springs colorado :/ aaand most likely thats his old clan >< the vampires are out of their minds! so im not surprised if theyve drawn attention to themselves. o.o

#9 Scarlet Fragonard

Scarlet Fragonard

Upyra

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,328 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:13 AM

The vampyre hunters are probably BS, most likely some kids.

@Dhamien - the community isn't really a problem but within the last few years folks I know have lost custody of their children due to their being vampyres. Word gets out if one isn't careful. And the stories in the media...Merticus posts something at least once a week or so where vampires are implicated in some atrocious event. Of course, the media spins things.

Vampyre gatherings get a lot of press and there are a lot of vampyres giving interviews now...all over YouTube.

There is a push by some (vampyres themselves) to be brought into the light. *shakes head*

wow....even scarier, my boyfriend (pranic vampire) used to live in springs colorado :/ aaand most likely thats his old clan >< the vampires are out of their minds! so im not surprised if theyve drawn attention to themselves. o.o

There are a lot of vampyres in the Colorado Springs area.

#10 Dhamien

Dhamien

Superman

• Twilight
  • Pip
  • 634 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:23 AM

O.o

....wow.

Just, wow.

#11 Darkness

Darkness

Trickster

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,938 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:29 AM

Hey... you'll be thankful for vampire hunters when the Vampire Apocalypse begins!

#12 Black Widow

Black Widow

Sanguarian

• Darkling
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:12 AM

vampire apocalypse?? haha ive been preparing for the zombie apocalypse! shit....of course how do i fight myself?? lol

and yeah ive never heard of vampire hunters, and if they ARE out there, theyre really bad at their job.

#13 Scarlet Fragonard

Scarlet Fragonard

Upyra

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,328 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:16 PM

vampire apocalypse?? haha ive been preparing for the zombie apocalypse! shit....of course how do i fight myself?? lol

and yeah ive never heard of vampire hunters, and if they ARE out there, theyre really bad at their job.

I believe there are some but not hordes.

#14 Rhuen

Rhuen

Celestial Power

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,181 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:31 PM

Vampire Apocalypse, Zombie Apocalypse, hell a werewolf Apocalypse, none of these will matter when the DaiKaiju Apocalypse happens LoL.

If there are real people going around thinking they are hunters then they need serious psychological counciling before they become serial killers.

#15 Scarlet Fragonard

Scarlet Fragonard

Upyra

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,328 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:24 AM

Today is January 16th and the ad is still running.

#16 TheUnknowable

TheUnknowable

Quintisential Questioning Quester

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:45 PM

Why would someone lose their kids because they are a vampire? Does DFCS think they are insane or something?

I hope the add was a joke, because if not they are effectivly taking out a hit on law abiding citizens and should be arrested. Offering someone something to "hunt" is a crime. And if some psycho answers the ad with a dead body then they are accomplices to murder.

That said, I was planning on catching a werewolf and getting it to turn me this next full moon. Any idea where I should go?

#17 Scarlet Fragonard

Scarlet Fragonard

Upyra

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,328 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:32 PM

Noooo...that is not a joke about the parents losing their children. I know the couple though I don't know them well.

Can you be turned? :D

#18 Rhuen

Rhuen

Celestial Power

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,181 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:23 PM

That said, I was planning on catching a werewolf and getting it to turn me this next full moon. Any idea where I should go?

You will need

1 wolf skin, or failing that 1 wolf skin belt

Pig's fat: about four pounds worth for the full pelt, half a pound for just the belt probably. Boil it and rub it into the wolf skin.

a full moon tbat falls on a monday.

Wearing the wolf skin rubbed with pig's fat. Go out wearing nothing else and dance under the full moon and howl while chanting, "I give my soul to the spirit of the wolf, I give my soul to the spirit of the moon, make my body that of the beast." over and over.

If you appease the great wolf spirit your the skin should burn like bloody hell for a moment as it merges with your skin, you'll fall into a horrible hallucination from the sheer body warping pain. The next thing that you will remember is waking up covered in blood, as the first transformation causes you to be ravenous and totally out of control. The wolf skin will be near you.

However after this one episode. From this point on you need only dawn the wolf skin and you will transform with out pain into a wolf, and have total control. Although chances are from this point you will suffer a tiny psychological conditions, Sociopathic disorder.

#19 Wombat

Wombat

Inconnu

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:04 AM

That is actually mildly disturbing. :V

#20 TheUnknowable

TheUnknowable

Quintisential Questioning Quester

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:58 AM

yeah, don't want to be one, just meet one. Is all that accual lore? What kind is it?