Welcome to Darkness Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Weekly DUH!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Innanna

Innanna

Iron pumpin' cannibal granny

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,843 posts
A grad student at York University in Toronto had his doctoral thesis in which he analyzed the sociology of doughnuts shops fully approved.

King James IV banned golf in Scotland in 1491 for the noble reason that "it looketh like a silly game."
Later he took up golf and the law was changed so that golf was only banned on the Sabbath during the "tyme of sermons."
Fun fact: GOLF means Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden.

Edited by Innanna, 22 February 2011 - 12:01 AM.

CultHero

CultHero

668... Neighbour of the beast

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,205 posts
This is the origin of the word golf.

I've thought about trying golf but I would refuse to wear those silly shoes.

Mau

Mau

Inconnu

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 1,067 posts
Apart from crazy golf (as I like the challenge of the little windmills and funny shaped courses :D ) golf just doesn't appeal to me...

Vore

Vore

হিজরা, Bissu, Kinnar, Niizh manidoowag, خنيث

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,499 posts
I also like crazy golf but then I've never played properly.

I was thinking about having a proper game but Mau's brother nicked my gold clubs.

Mau

Mau

Inconnu

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 1,067 posts

I also like crazy golf but then I've never played properly.

I was thinking about having a proper game but Mau's brother nicked my gold clubs.

We should go have a proper game then! And he didn't nick them, they were donated anyways! He's always wanted a set so he can play games with his best mate. Golf's soo boring!

Vore

Vore

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,499 posts
So it's ok if I nick money from charity boxes because it's already been donated?

;D

Hey I don't really care, I just wanted to use them a few times then sell them on ebay towards the 'Buy me a new graphics card' fund. It froze the other day while half way through doing something in SL. I wasn't happy :/.

Mau

Mau

Inconnu

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 1,067 posts
Yes, steal the moneys.... Set up your own New Graphics Card charity! Although specify it's because you want to get into 3D modelling properly!

Edited by Mau, 22 February 2011 - 08:23 AM.

Vore

Vore

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,499 posts
I don't think you can set up a charity on that sort of basis.

Mau

Mau

Inconnu

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 1,067 posts
Shame cos you'd think that surely it's partly a charitable case...in the fact you can't afford a new one :-P