Hahaha... ONLY with ketchup. :P

With a cherry on top?

#3564 iridescentblack

iridescentblack

Iridescent Black

• Darkling
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:38 AM

Two men in a bar: one says to the other, "You know what they say about assuming."

The other says, "Why would you assume I know that?"

#3565 Rhuen

Rhuen

Celestial Power

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,295 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:02 PM

Some fanfic ideas that have been shelved because I just don’t know or can’t decide what to do with them.

Slayers:

I actually started a fanfic on this one in which Rhulan the sorceress was going to show up…but…it wouldn’t work. Slayers is set in a four universe multi-verse in which Magic is based on calling power from the spirits, Mazoku, and gods of a specific universe. In fact kill the Mazoku (demon) and the spells connected to it no longer work. The spells don’t work outside their own universe *out of range*, creatures whose astral bodies are from a different universe aren’t affected as badly by attack spells, and not at all by shaman astral spells, it has been shown in the manga that spells can be stopped by using a dimensional distortion to disrupt the flow of energy between the caster and the entity they are calling the spell from. The only universal spells are those that call upon the Lord of Nightmares (sea of chaos, that makes up their entire multi-verse). We have also seen on multiple occasions entities that absorb magic, even the strongest attack spells (other than chaos spells), and undo the secondary effects of the spells before they reach the target.

In other words a sorceress from that world, even one as powerful as Lina Inverse would have a hard time fighting a sorceress whose magic is based on her own astral body, which isn’t from the Slayers universe and uses the elements of nature and manipulates the fabric of reality around her rather than actually calling on other entities; who also can absorb magic; plus has super human strength, speed, and can use technology. Lina is physically strong and fast but not at the same levels as a character originally designed to be a Last Boss or one of those (Beyond the Last boss NPCs).

So I changed focus to the Mazoku like Xellos or Shabranigdo himself, as they would be closer to her level and give a real fight…but, how to set up that fight would still require going to that world, as there is no reason for these things to leave their own world; and the story just wouldn’t be interesting without Lina or other main characters; and I didn’t want to go all Mary Sue and outshine characters in a series I like.

My only other option is to steer away from action and make a sexual parody; but nothing has inspired me thus far that hasn’t already been done.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles:

Had this on a list for the original run of (Rhulan vs), but skipped over it. The way is easy, Krang’s dimensional portal, but actually crossing these over seemed silly as nothing in this series, especially the 1980’s cartoon, posed even a slight danger.

Farscape:

A real old idea, my idea was introducing a character at the start of the series, something that got dragged into their reality by the worm hole. But I could never settle on WHAT was dragged in. I have jumped from (Predator), (Sentient Xeno-girl), (Rhulan), (A Slime-girl), and (a Cat-girl), among various creatures that would totally change the direction the story could go in.

Star Gate:

Similar problem to Farscape, not deciding who or what should make a random interdimensional appearance through the Star Gate; or when in the series run *even the same characters and creatures would be dramatically different impacts based on when during the ten plus years of this series, and if they appeared on Earth, Atlantis, or another planet.*

Movie:

Watched (Guardians of the Galaxy); it was a fun movie, lots of action, great humor; great timing on the humor (poking fun at older space dramas at times). A bit of history has been changed for the characters, but it’s for the better. I will say this movie was satire done right; a self contained action filmed experience that has nods and humorous references that deconstruct various sci-fi drama tropes.

These are super-spoilers, nothing major plot related but revelations now official in the Marvel Movie universe:

[spoilers] Three Infinity Stones are now accounted before, they get a back story to how they exists; the Celestials are now canon to the movieverse; great cameos by Cosmo, the end credit scene is nothing of cosmic importance but a certain character is confirmed to exist in the movieverse now. The collection of the Collector includes a Dark Elf, some guy in a red cape and blond hair only seen from behind (Sentry maybe), Cosmo, and some other weird stuff including the end credits scene reveal. Also Peter Quill in the movieverse while still half-alien is no longer the son of “J-son King of the Spartax Empire”; no his alien side is left oddly vague and one scene implies his father was something ancient and unknown to the Nova Empire….my guess is his father in the movies will probably turn out to be Adam Warlock or the High Evolutionary; going by his mother’s “angel” description have to go with Adam Warlock as his father…one scene makes me think “Thanos” but that doesn’t add up, and that same scene might also imply Galactus which really wouldn’t add up.

Hell I have compiled a list of potential fathers for Star Lord, ranked from most likely to least likely;

1: Adam Warlock

2: Quasar (male)

3: Air Walker (very angelic like in the comics)

4: Thanos

5: Galactus  (we know little of how the movieverse works)

My bets, per the list are on Adam Warlock [/spoiler]

I will leave off with this, I don’t know how much connected the movies are and what is and isn’t a hint at future films; but I highly suspect based on a skeleton seen in Guardians of the Galaxy that the next Thor movie is going to have Beta Ray Bill in it. On that “Morag” planet its quick but Star Lord walks past a skeleton of a humanoid with a horse like head; this would be the same race as Beta Ray Bill. Maybe just an alien species drop; maybe something more.

Movie comment, spoilers regarding villains including the new movie

Spoiler

The infinity Stones; its no spoiler as it was advertised one was in this movie. Interesting thing, comic fans know each stone represents a different aspect of existence. However the movies have their own rules and some artifacts have been two things. Each of the three stones revealed so far has not only had a different appearance but behaved in a completely different manner.

The Cosmic Cube: takes on the form of a white cube, has blue energy. Can be used as a power source, energy can be stored and fired as a weapon that appears to vaporize the target, has been shown twice to open up wormholes, once a random one with the Red Skull then again in a focused manner. The cube its self is dangerous to hold, but only because it will generate its energy on any conductive surface it seems, requiring it to be held either in a magnetic field or a non-conductive lined case, or on stone and such.

The Aether: takes the form of a dark red mist, that can crystallize. Behaves like a living thing, seeking out a host (including a human), and being focused as an energy that can be used to attack and distort the laws of physics. This second ability is what Maleketh wants as he can combine this distortion power with a cosmic dimensional convergence to re-write the laws of physics for reality to create a new kind of universe.

Spoiler

The Collector says where they may have come from, I have my own hypothesis, in this universe the stones don’t just represent aspects of the universe but may contain (imprisoned) within them each an abstract entity from before the universe was formed.

Edit: found out there is an extra only available on the Thor 2 blu-ray that has the fake Mandarin being dragged off by henchmen of….The REAL MANDARIN, who is angry his name was being used. Hate media exclusive content, especially when it’s something that major.

Guardians of the Galaxy issue 17:

Looks like someone smacked Bendis in the back of the head to get this stupid story arc over with and NOW. Okay Venom is wandering around Knowwhere, looks like the Symbiote might be in control and doesn’t seem to be trusting the Guardians right now for some reason. Star Lord and Ms. Marvel (there have been too many Cap. Marvels I refuse to call her this, or else I will call her Carol.)escaped the Spartax homeworld, while a revolution has begun (wish the comics had retconned Peter’s past like the movie, and ignored this Spartax royal line BS). Drax was nearly killed by Gladiator (the others showed up just in time to flash bomb Gladiator in the face and rescue Drax); Rocket was returned to the Guardians by the Kree supreme intelligence (who apologized and wished no ill-will between them; also erased Rocket’s memories of his time with the Kree doctors. Gamora and Angela had handed the Badoon their asses before being picked up, and Groot…was found and picked up; turned out the Brood just dumped him on some rock and left him there. Not sure where Bendis thought he was going with this, but I guess someone pointed out that the whole thing with J-son giving Groot to the Brood and them wanting him for anything was just…dumb.

Oh also the end of the issue promises that come the next issue they are going to start explaining what happened in the Cancerverse with Richard Rider, Star Lord, and Thanos.

Original Sin:

Got issue 0 and issue 1 out of the file at the comic shop; these books are a bit pricey so they were backing up in there. Well issue 0 was a waste of money, the new Nova spends this five dollar issue bugging the Watcher on the moon; who is being stoic (as opposed to comically talktative like a recent FF comic; this company has no set in stone policies it seems for the personalities of cosmic characters.). Now Issue 1; the Watcher has been murdered, shot in the head by mysterious characters who had control over Mindless Ones; which have gained intelligence thanks to exposure to the Watcher’s tech and its driving them insane. The two killers are seen at the end of the issue in shadow; given the garb my guess is one of them is that Ape santa character that has been lost in the dimension maze around the Watcher’s look-out for who knows how long now, and has finally made his way out and one other guy. They also stole the Watcher’s eyes.

#3566 Creator of Light

Creator of Light

being nuts is good. it adds character!

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:16 AM

Please don't interrupt me while I am talking to myself.

By the way my imaginary friend name Tom the cross dresser.... Has got himself a credit card....

His house is made of chocolate.

Edited by Creator of Light, 06 August 2014 - 02:22 PM.

#3567 Creator of Light

Creator of Light

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:04 PM

Elephants are purple. And they can speak German. And they love my imaginary friend Tom the cross dresser. They think my friend is neat. 

#3568 Rhuen

Rhuen

Celestial Power

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,295 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 12:41 PM

Rise of the planet of the Corn:

The Apes never saw it coming.

#3569 Creator of Light

Creator of Light

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:24 PM

Toilets can talk to you. They talk to me all the time. Even the public ones. I watched a small man eat chicken wings. That was when I decided to see my toilet friends and have a chat with them... One of them wants to work for the city. The payment is for shit. But they get more hours off. I thought how fascinating! I was lighting toilet paper on fire....I saw Jesus in the bathroom mirror. And he set me up to have a date with flo..... the car commercial lady. We decided to eat at Wendy's. Had a good time.

Edited by Creator of Light, 19 August 2014 - 11:33 PM.

#3570 Creator of Light

Creator of Light

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:52 AM

I told the T.V. to fuck off!

#3571 iridescentblack

iridescentblack

Iridescent Black

• Darkling
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:50 PM

I went to a club and hit the dance floor, but all the girls sucked at dancing... so I danced with a guy.

He had some good moves.  Like Jesus.

#3572 Creator of Light

Creator of Light

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:11 AM

I went to a club and hit the dance floor, but all the girls sucked at dancing... so I danced with a guy.

He had some good moves.  Like Jesus.

Yeah Jesus is pretty good at dancing.

#3573 Rhuen

Rhuen

Celestial Power

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,295 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:38 PM

Been doing research on the character Squirrel Girl; man loving this character; shame she went under my radar for so long (by appearing only in comic titles I never picked up).

But here's hoping the rumors are true Marvel is going to put her in something live action  (Agents of SHIELD, one of the Netflix shows, or appearing in the background for a movie).

#3574 Creator of Light

Creator of Light

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:16 AM

I wonder if there are. Other message boards like this one?

#3575 iridescentblack

iridescentblack

Iridescent Black

• Darkling
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:36 PM

My ex-girlfriend left me because I'm "too into vampires"...

She left with all my vampires stuff.

#3576 Creator of Light

Creator of Light

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 01:35 PM

My ex-girlfriend left me because I'm "too into vampires"...
She left with all my vampires stuff.

That is odd. Why did she take it. If she left you for being too much into vampirism? Take something of hers and not return it. Until she gives it back to you.

Edited by Creator of Light, 11 September 2014 - 01:36 PM.

#3577 iridescentblack

iridescentblack

Iridescent Black

• Darkling
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:28 PM

That is odd. Why did she take it. If she left you for being too much into vampirism? Take something of hers and not return it. Until she gives it back to you.

I exaggerated.  It was just a couple vampire books.  But I can't get it back because I live almost 200 miles away from her.

#3578 Creator of Light

Creator of Light

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:33 PM

This is just a message board. Why does one person want it to die? That person will not get their wish about this place dying. All they have to do is stay off it and not come back it. It's funny how they still sign on to it anyway. People do nothing but kiss each other's asses on here.

Edited by Creator of Light, 16 September 2014 - 02:35 PM.

#3579 newbievamp

newbievamp

badass

• Darkling
  • Pip
  • 236 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:40 PM

why did I place all my chips on becoming female instead of being a pet owner?