#1 Lethe

Lethe

No one.

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 3,604 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 09:50 PM

Thank you, Werewolf Book.

According to the ancient Greeks, any skilled sorcerer who so chose could become a werewolf.

Magical texts advises those who wish to become a werewolf to disrobe, rub a magical ointment over their flesh, place a girdle made of human or wolf skin around their waist, cover their entire body with the pelt of a werewolf, and then also drink some beer mixed with blood and chant a magic formula.

You can also be cursed by a sorcerer.

Another way is to be born on a holy day.

... Of course, you could always just get bitten by one.

Edited by Holiday, 13 September 2009 - 11:00 AM.

#2 Darkness

Darkness

Trickster

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,938 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 07:35 AM

I'll try the beer with blood first. Thanks!

#3 Rhuen

Rhuen

Celestial Power

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,186 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 01:26 AM

the being bitten to become a werewolf is a modern invention, for movies and books to simplify the process and turn it into a more mainstream applicable curse (rather than need to be changed into one by a wizard which may not always work for horror) and gives it the same easy method as a movie vampire.

In actuality, in the folklore,legends, and myth a werewolf would never just bite you, it would rip you apart and eat you. Even in the wolf shape they were stronger and far more dangerous than a natural wolf, a single werewolf could take down and consume a horse.

#4 Hated1

Hated1

Lurker

• Spawn
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:30 PM

So were can i get these things

#5 Nightblade

Nightblade

Inconnu

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 12:59 AM

If only life were so easy that I could transform myself into a werewolf!!! That would be awesome.

#6 onethatknows

onethatknows

Lurker

• Spawn
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 01:04 PM

in my opinion i belive if you are bitten or born a werewolf you are one and probally some werewolves dont even know they are werewolves
werewolves are probally not big hairy creatures or we would notice them by know there just humans who turn into wolves it would make some since why wolf population is going down because there blending in to civilization

yes i do belive this dont send bad comments

#7 lonewolf

lonewolf

Thrall

• Darkling
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 06:43 AM

wats it take to get bittn? an how many years ago an by wat lake?

#8 lonewolf

lonewolf

Thrall

• Darkling
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:49 AM

in my opinion i belive if you are bitten or born a werewolf you are one and probally some werewolves dont even know they are werewolves
werewolves are probally not big hairy creatures or we would notice them by know there just humans who turn into wolves it would make some since why wolf population is going down because there blending in to civilization

thats an intersting thought. but wat if ur rite some wolfs dont even know they r one...an id have to say i dont agree with ur theroy that they r small i mean tranformings adds up to 400lbs of muscle an gives u up to 6-12inch of growthm wat do u think?

#9 lonewolf

lonewolf

Thrall

• Darkling
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:54 AM

werewolfs r numerous....tho she wolvs r sunt of a rarity

#10 suicideXlover666

suicideXlover666

The Pigzilla

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 06:21 PM

werewolfs r numerous....tho she wolvs r sunt of a rarity

This seems to be true. In modern film and literature, only men are werewolves.
My opinion on that is that it would be something genetic. (Along the lines of "only boys have who-who's" logic)

Vampires of lore are never born, they're made, yes? Werewolves are typically born, not made. Simply, only men have the genetic signature that would allow for them to shape shift into wolves.

And yes, it is a lot of extra body to add on, but then again... there's always a certain amount that must just be left to the explanation "It's magic."
Why would a vampire be able to function only on blood, rather than real food if they still have a human body? Also, where would the blood go since you never hear about vampires leaving waste.
The extra body mass of the wolf would just have to disappear, like the blood.

#11 superfantastik

superfantastik

Victim

• Spawn
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:20 PM

Werewolves are my most favored creature...
but, there needs to be more she-wolves:(
Does anyone know where "Skinwalker Ranch" is?
or ever heard of it?
I'm fairly certain the main creature
there is of course a "skinwalker" or in other words,
a werewolf...

#12 suicideXlover666

suicideXlover666

The Pigzilla

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:42 PM

I can't say I've ever heard of a "Skinwalker Ranch" or anything of the sort... Then again, I'm more of a vampire buff than werewolves buff...

#13 BellaCullen1982

BellaCullen1982

Revenant

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 967 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:49 PM

I'd imagine it hurts no mater the amount of magic used to do it it seems to me this is why females opt to stay in human for and creates a difficulty in reproduction. But hey that's just my take. I like the idea of the oblivious werewolf too but it seems to me if it happened on the full moon bit wouldn't they have to know.? I know just more movie hype but hey can't blame me for asking right?

#14 lonewolf

lonewolf

Thrall

• Darkling
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:57 AM

I'd imagine it hurts no mater the amount of magic used to do it it seems to me this is why females opt to stay in human for and creates a difficulty in reproduction. But hey that's just my take. I like the idea of the oblivious werewolf too but it seems to me if it happened on the full moon bit wouldn't they have to know.? I know just more movie hype but hey can't blame me for asking right?

ok first things first, yes it hurts like hell when u turn, two yes thers magic involoed ....kinda... an no the reason there r so frew females wolfs is cuse in most packs there is one alpha an a few females an the females fight amongest themselfs for the rite to mate with the alpha. three yes werewolfs can give birth but its usually with two wolfs male an female most mortal girls cant give birth to a wolf cub.... an yes there r skinwalks ranches tho they r far an few in btw. females temp to be extremely terriatal an most end up killn there mate a cubs if the cubs cum out defective.an a skinwalk is actually a clan name, u have the red eyes , the lycans, the howlen ken then pack of the claw. an there is more but thats for later an pze pple dont try those other methods of turning plz course if u fck it up u cud really hurt ur self. an finally here r the dif types of wolfs u have the alpha which change on the full moon in the typical movie wolfs then u have the omega that turn into actual wolfs an then u have lycans which change at will... then u have beta or commonly known as lupus canies lol these change on a etrerme emontal burst ie anger fear etc an thenu have hybrids yes half vamp half wolf an as far as i know theres 3 . feel free to ask question pple im here to help lol.

#15 Wolf2tank7

Wolf2tank7

Lurker

• Spawn
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 05:38 PM

Yes, and that is one of the few EFFECTIVE ways to become a werewolf. I was bitten, after years of searching for one. My Alpha, in all of his wisdom, has told me about the most effective wasy to become a werewolf. Not necessarily to post it on this thread, but he has told me nontheless. Note: these are the most effective methods. Others may and do exist, but these have the highest turn factor (and in some cases, a risk factor).

1. Infection (clawed or bitten) Danger: moderate to high
2. Sexual intercourse Danger:HIGH
3. Curse Danger:low

Those are the three most effective mthods. others are eiher too difficult or to hard to turn into a werewolf to post

#16 8LKPHX

8LKPHX

Soul snatcher

• Darkling
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:57 AM

Yes, and that is one of the few EFFECTIVE ways to become a werewolf. I was bitten, after years of searching for one. My Alpha, in all of his wisdom, has told me about the most effective wasy to become a werewolf. Not necessarily to post it on this thread, but he has told me nontheless. Note: these are the most effective methods. Others may and do exist, but these have the highest turn factor (and in some cases, a risk factor).

1. Infection (clawed or bitten) Danger: moderate to high
2. Sexual intercourse Danger:HIGH
3. Curse Danger:low

Those are the three most effective mthods. others are eiher too difficult or to hard to turn into a werewolf to post

Hi,

How did you find your Alpha? How did you research and conduct the search? I have been fascinated and attracted to werewolves all my life but only recently have I found this site. I hope you can help me in my search and finding of my Alpha?

Tx

#17 lonewolf

lonewolf

Thrall

• Darkling
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:44 AM

Hi,

How did you find your Alpha? How did you research and conduct the search? I have been fascinated and attracted to werewolves all my life but only recently have I found this site. I hope you can help me in my search and finding of my Alpha?

Tx

umm ur aplha is supposed to find u. thats how this thing works they turn u an train an guide u. An id caution u on "reseaching werwolfs, if u want to know so bad then the only true way is to know of know or become one, there are quite a few ways but the three listed above r indeed the best ways if not the most umm painful. Finding a werwolf elder is soo rare. there arnt many still alive most have been hunderd to the brink of exixtintion. If u arnt willn to commint the the reseach u so desire then id politey advice u to not look any further, unless ur willn to dea; with the outcome, which may be more than u bargined for. Ur alpha aka ur mentor packleader, master. etc is supposed to find u an guide u thur ur first few months so that u can reach ur potientl. werewolfs new borns(s0meone just turned) have a very low life line when they r first turned most dont live past there first 6months without help, the olders ones have already masterd there basic skills an have learned new an morepowereful skills? howl of the pack, strength of the pack. darkness an many more ur main enemys as a new born r the world around u an vamps well in most citys at least vamp out number wolfs abut 1to 5 so keep that in mind while wolfsr stronger vamps r more cunning an the use guns an other weapons wolfs typically dont. And u have to worry abut the humans around u that believe in u , they can be a real oain espeacially if they feel threatd cuse they can find more inffo in wolfs and how to kill them. Theres some true to the movies silver does the trick. but as far as i can tell thats abut the only thing that can bring a wolf down well that an another supernatuaral creatures, vamps ghouls, gargolyes, earth bound demons, jut remember the werewolf is the most dangerous predator on this eath pound for pound the r the most virpouse creatures.

#18 8LKPHX

8LKPHX

Soul snatcher

• Darkling
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 02:05 AM

My problem is that in South Africa, and especially the city where i live, there is not much lore or even rumors and old wives tales about werewolves; so how to find one you know?

As you say, elders are rare and because of being hunted and the lower number of werewolves vs other supernatural creatures, it makes sense that they would be even more difficult to find. So my next question is, how to recognise the signs and know that a pack leader or even a pack member is resident in an area?

Is it possible that my alpha is out there somewhere looking for me? Is there any assistance i can give him? Something to attract him to me or make it easier somehow to find me?

Sorry for all the questions, but who better to ask than an actual werewolf?

#19 lonewolf

lonewolf

Thrall

• Darkling
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:02 AM

My problem is that in South Africa, and especially the city where i live, there is not much lore or even rumors and old wives tales about werewolves; so how to find one you know?

As you say, elders are rare and because of being hunted and the lower number of werewolves vs other supernatural creatures, it makes sense that they would be even more difficult to find. So my next question is, how to recognise the signs and know that a pack leader or even a pack member is resident in an area?

Is it possible that my alpha is out there somewhere looking for me? Is there any assistance i can give him? Something to attract him to me or make it easier somehow to find me?

that depends on how long uv been lookn for him since u were turned. u tend to be drawn to ur master or maker usually if ur not then there either maskn the scent or they r dead. u can tell the sit of others by smell an appeares. Most packs tend to dress a sertin way or have a mark ie tatto. I u think ur alpha alive try to call to him in ur head if u knew the language that wud help lol. wAT MAKES U THIN IM AN ELDER? it also depends on ur sex an that of ur maker as well if ur a male an shes a female then hell be able to smell ur hormones, if ur a girl an hes a guy then u can track him usn his hormones. but is it seems to me that ur a newborn so this is goin to be hard for u , my adice wat for 2 months after ur first cahnge if ur aplha doesnt show himself then ur on ur own

keep in touch ill see if i cant guide u somehow .

thers a hard one when were u bitn? hit me up with more info on ur sit plzzzz

#20 Dhamien

Dhamien

Superman

• Twilight
  • Pip
  • 634 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 02:05 PM

the being bitten to become a werewolf is a modern invention, for movies and books to simplify the process and turn it into a more mainstream applicable curse (rather than need to be changed into one by a wizard which may not always work for horror) and gives it the same easy method as a movie vampire.

Yes, Hollywood will twist and turn anything to fit the applicable use of it.

In actuality, in the folklore,legends, and myth a werewolf would never just bite you, it would rip you apart and eat you. Even in the wolf shape they were stronger and far more dangerous than a natural wolf, a single werewolf could take down and consume a horse.

This I agree with, to a point. To a point because, there are many myths and legends out there that see the "Werewolf" or even the ability to shapeshift (there are many forms of shapeshifting mythos, such as the werecat, weresnake, wereraven, etc.) as a superiority, so to speak. i.e. - Many American Indian tribes believed in men and women who could transform into wolves, (not the movie hyped 400lb wolfman who rips everything in his path to pieces, just a normal sized quadrupedal wolf), and said that these men and women had come into this world with the ability to become "apart" of mother nature. These legends and myths were revered highly, and the ability to become an animal through shapeshifting was highly sought after.

an id have to say i dont agree with ur theroy that they r small i mean tranformings adds up to 400lbs of muscle an gives u up to 6-12inch of growthm wat do u think?

I have read from a book called "The Magic of Shapeshifting" by Rosalyn Green, and I would like to quote the book now. I can't hyperlink to the book excerpt itself because I am looking at the 1st page of chapter one via Amazon.com, using the "Look Inside" tool. The link to the book itself and for the tool, I can link. "The Magic of Shapeshifting" - Amazon.com

The author writes in the first lines -

"Did werewolves ever exist? If so, were they anything like what we 'know' about them from the main source of the modern werewolf stereotype: movies and novels? The answer, I believe, is 'yes' to the first question, and 'not exactly, but sort of' to the second."

She later goes on in the book to describe experiences other people she interviewed for her book had, and described one experience in which a friend of the family telling her the story had a dream that he had been outside their house, staring at them through a sliding glass door. He remembers having watched them see him, and looking potentially scared of his presence. He didn't understand why. He woke from the dream that morning and recieved a phone call from the family. They described a ghostly looking wolf sitting outside the sliding glass door, staring at them with yellow eyes. They said that the wolf simply turned, trotted a few feet, and disappeared, vanished, before their eyes. The family, and the friend, were seperated by about 3,000 miles. This experience was described as an "astral shapeshift", wherein the man had astrally projected himself into the world via his subconscious mind, and shapeshifted his 'essence' or 'astral form' into a wolf.

My entire point here, is that in all the research done into this feild, there are many different versions and forms of the werewolf, and even shapeshifters as a whole. So, there are unlimited possibilities to the idea of what physically happens, or if the person even knows about it. Not everyone whom is a shapeshifter technically has to physically transform, if you look to all the forms of shapeshifting research and books that have been produced and published.

Yes, I believe as well some of them, if not most, have no idea what they are. I do seriously doubt the idea that they turn into the "movie werewolf" and become giant sized hairy killing machines. But, they might.

Wolves that can turn into humans and blend in with civilization? Well, if a person can turn into a wolf, or a variation thereof, why couldn't that be possible?

But, there are many explanations as to why the wolf population is going down. But as I said, it is very well possible.

I put the text in italics to bring attention to the words used. I simply want to say this - You have every right to believe what you believe. But here, you will find people who will argue you to the bone, to back their beliefs, that counter yours. Now, this is usually done with respect and a certain dignity, but everyone slips sometimes (I'm totally guilty of it myself) so don't take it personally. We're all just one big psycho-fuck family here, and our family does it's best to not rip itself apart. :D