Photo
- - - - -

The Strangest Things You've Ever Seen

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 Shadowlust

Shadowlust

Reaver

• Twilight
  • Pip
  • 900 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:33 PM

I'm curious as to see what kind of odd/scary/paranormal things people have seen thus far. It's a bit of a fascination. Personally, all I've seen are unexplained moving shadows and a tall, long black haired guy near my window. What horrors have graced your presence?

#2 WilV

WilV

Ancient

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,586 posts
  • Interests:Looking Into Your Eyes And Seeing A Lie

Posted 16 July 2009 - 05:11 AM

I have seen people's hearts be changed in an instant.

#3 misan

misan

Eternal

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,335 posts
  • Interests:Truth

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:19 PM

I've seen....HIM!!! *points to post above and screams in fear*

#4 Fluid of life

Fluid of life

Eternal

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,440 posts
  • Interests:people with artistic bent and deep lives. I am much older than you much younger than the Pyramids, I am probably your grand parents age or older. People who know me well call me asshole for short.

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:26 PM

I was there when a man in Milwaukee was prayed over for his teeth and woke uwith a filling that his dentist said was not possible with no drilling.

#5 shadowsbane

shadowsbane

Master

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 2,206 posts
  • Interests:Finding myself between the frayed ends of reason, music, musicians, art, swords, mysticism, science, kinkyness, philosophy, eyes...

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:39 PM

I have seen people's hearts be changed in an instant.

Same. Though it was from goodhearted patrons who were inspirations to all, flipping into a complete polar opposite of themselves and verbally ravashing folks behind their backs. Supposedly good people, with a very, very inner evil. Yeah, church wasnt fun. Sometimes I wonder if they ever really "changed" or could actually follow in anything they said, or if they just stayed the same and all principals drawn in became just a well structured mask for them to hide from people. To hide from even themselves..

I've seen two young adults, youthfully confident and cocky that nothing can take them down, run from absolutely nothing. Around 2am at an empty river bridge and a moon full, bright, and yellow that seems to hue the air in its radiance. We slipped into some simple meditation with even the most critical one, my best friend, giving way. Wandering into that state just seemed so easy at that time. Something formed on the bridge, we all saw a slight distortion. I was the only one who walked towards it...came back and asked what they saw. They both agreed I was still on the bridge, but looked like I was going a hell of a lot further then where the bridge could reach. We chatted for another 10 mins or so and kinda poked around in whatever this state of mind was. Then they started freaking out and claimed to hear an odd noise. Anyone hear the song "mantra" by tool? Heres a link..
They claim to have heard that sond, or something damn near identical. I heard -nothing- All sounds were gone that night, no air in the trees, nothing but whatever noises we ourselves made. They started backing up and I thought they were just messing with me, so I looked at them funny. They started raising their voices and told me to back up from that distortion and lets get the fuck out of there. I just looked back and around..still nothing. They were a good 30 feet from me by then and I said fuck it and just went with. I've never seen them so genuinely scared. One said drive, "drive where?" anywhere away from here, just go. The entire city was dead quiet at that point and it felt like one of those apocalyptic scenarios where all you have is yourself and the vacant streets. There are more details in that occasion, the most noteable was the instance Ive spoken of before with a stealth helecopter going about 50-75 feet above us. That being at the beginning of the night though shortly after we meditated. I'll leave it at that though.

Oh, and that isnt even the strangest thing I've seen. It's just one of the more tangible. ;)

#6 CultHero

CultHero

Elder

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,180 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:08 PM

-When I was 13 one of our rabbits got out of it's run. I jumped fences from backyard to backyard looking for it. When I got to one yard three or four houses down there was a cat sitting in the yard watching me. As a joke I asked the cat "You haven't seen a white and black rabbit runnin' round here have you?" The cat looked at me for a few seconds and ran up the the shed in the back of the yard. I figured what the hell and jumped the fence and followed the cat to the shed. The cat stopped at the door and just stood there. A had a look inside and sure enough, there was Harry (I named her after Harry Houdini cause she was always escaping) sitting in the corner of the shed.

-When I was staying over at a friends house overnight once in my 20's, after every one went upstairs to go to bed there was a loud crash downstairs. We both jumped out of bed, ran into each other in the hall and asked "What the fuck was that?" We went downstairs but nothing was out of place. Later that night I couldn't get to sleep so I went downstairs to watch TV, sat down in a chair and realized the TV had been moved sometime after every one had gone to bed (it was a floor model and not all that easy to move). The chair would sometimes rock by itself too.

The chair has a history. Before my friends in-laws gave it to them it belonged either to a friend of the family or a relative (I can't remember which). The people who used to own the chair had had a trained wrestling bear (they used to promote small time wrestling events and the bear was a gimmick, during the show someone would 'wrestle' the bear) When they were at home they had the bear in its own large pen. Well, the wife went in to feed the bear one day but unfortunately it was her 'time of the month' and the bear caught the sent of the blood and turned on her. She managed to escape from the pen but was so scared she ran off without locking the pen. Bear ran after her into the house and she collapsed into the chair where the bear mauled her to death. We fondly called the chair 'The Bear Chair'

-When using my Ouija board I would often hear from something calling itself 'Walter'. It wasn't till recently I realized that both my great grandfather and great uncle were both named Walter. I had never thought about it before because I had always heard them referred to as Wally.

Edited by CultHero, 17 July 2009 - 10:09 PM.

#7 Rebus1746

Rebus1746

Lurker

• Spawn
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Self confessed Whovian!<br /><br />I love Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Cult and Horror both in art and at the movies. Like most sorts of music and am trying to get my hand back in at photography and art, call it a mid-life crisis!!!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:45 AM

Hi folks, new poster!

I haven't seen anything, but I have heard something. Part of the place I work in was an old school and there have been stories about a ghostly janitor, one night when leaving the building I walked under the courtyard entrance and could clearly hear the noise of a metal bucket being dragged along the floor like someone was cleaning, it was 11pm at night... I didn't hang about.

I've also stayed in a haunted Castle and experienced major temp changes on a stairway where a women was murdered. The place has had numerous sightings of the Green Lady and one room experiences Poltergeist activity!

#8 Beorht

Beorht

Eternal

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,858 posts
  • Interests:Didjeridu, Jew's Harp, Etymology, Conspiracy Theories, Geography, Ethnography, Mysticism, The Macabre, Paranormal and Supernatural. Sociology, Politics, Semantics, History, Literature, Music, Moving and still Pictures.

Posted 18 July 2009 - 02:48 PM

When I was doing my A-levels, this would have been around 2000 / 2001 time, me and my friends got off the bus home from the city where our Sixth Form was. There's the road that goes to the city, and a road leading off that leading to a cul-de-sac. There's some bars which lead onto another cul-de-sac leading onto another road (which leads onto the road going to the city) where one of my friend's houses is. We stand there talking and we see a red orb in the sky - it's crossing the sky, it stops, goes backwards the same way it went forwards then goes off away in the direction we're facing.

A couple of years later, I'd say around 2003 time, me and some friends (different people this time) are sitting in the tennis courts in the recreational ground. It's evening, I can't remember what time, but it's dark. We see three golden coloured orbs in the sky that move around and then leave in single file. I can't remember exactly what they did there in the sky beforehand, but they could stop and start, go backwards and forwards, up and down at ease. They'd move far apart, then come close together. There was a skeptic or two there that day who had his mind changed by the experience.

I've looked into this and it's said to be the most common type of UFO sighting.

#9 Beorht

Beorht

Eternal

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,858 posts
  • Interests:Didjeridu, Jew's Harp, Etymology, Conspiracy Theories, Geography, Ethnography, Mysticism, The Macabre, Paranormal and Supernatural. Sociology, Politics, Semantics, History, Literature, Music, Moving and still Pictures.

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:31 PM

In January 2009, this year, I was walking towards a freind's house. A road with a path on either side, one direction leading to the Market Place, another leading towards a village (a turning before that leading to the other road I mentioned with the cul-de-sac on the other side of the bars), there's a crossing near the Market Place leading onto yet another village. It evening, dark, I was supposed to be meeting another friend round the friend's house. Out of the corner of my left eye I glimpsed a white light in the sky, I turned to look and then it disappeared as soon as I saw it.

A couple of days later I saw it near my house, by the churchyard and a road leading to the Market place from the other direction as the time before. The road behind me is the road leading to the city. I saw the light again in the corner of my eye, it vanished as I went to look at it.

Some days later I'm walking home from a friend's house (the one who was around the other friend's house) and I'm walking along a path by the side of the road leading to the city. To my right there is a brick wall, to my left bushes and trees. I see steam to my left where the bushes and trees are, whisps of steam, then I see what I thought was torchlight. I'm standing there looking up and down the road for the person with the torch, but really it should be coming from the wall to my right. I look at the wall, I don't see anyone standing on top of it. I continue walking, look up and there's a cloud with what appears to be moonlight shining through it. The light gets brighter, the cloud's not there anymore just lots of white light (looks a bit like torchlight again) moving about the sky. I don't run, but I walk quickly with my head down not looking at what's going on above me.

There's more, though. I'm seeing orbs quite frequently at this time, orange orbs for the most part. In fact when I walk back from the woods (actually near the cul-de-sac where I saw the red orb) I see an orange orb above the houses and the by the church towers. One time, I was walking towards the road to the city - I see some steam by a lamp post and decide not to go that way. I go back the way of the woods (it's more of a coppice really) and see the orange orb. The orbs stay around longer than the white lights I saw but they do vanish eventually upon inspection. The last orbs I see in January are two purple ones, in the city. I stand there, look at them, they vanish after a couple of seconds. I turn round, there's someone walking towards me, I look at him but he gives me a hostile glance. That's an overview, I lost track of the amount of times I saw these things, where I saw them etc. etc.

#10 Beorht

Beorht

Eternal

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,858 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:04 PM

Since January the sightings pretty much stopped. There was one thing, I was standing on a bridge by the disused railway line, now a public footpath, and saw what I would usually consider a satellite moving across the sky in a straight line. It disappeared, like a meteorite might when it's burned out, but appeared again before doing a turn like an aircraft then disappearing again.

Edited by Bright One, 18 July 2009 - 04:05 PM.

#11 Kaddam

Kaddam

Inconnu

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:19 PM

I'm curious as to see what kind of odd/scary/paranormal things people have seen thus far. It's a bit of a fascination. Personally, all I've seen are unexplained moving shadows and a tall, long black haired guy near my window. What horrors have graced your presence?

Maybe I was hallucinating, but when I was twelve a wolf the size of a bus came to visit me outside the basement window of my grand Aunt's house while I was showering. It was ingredibly detailed and at first I only seen two green glowing lights that looked like eyes.

Before I knew it I was moving towards the window getting closer as it approached and a deep primal fear overwhelmed me that I think I actually peed alittle. Anyways what happened next seared into my consciousness and I guess it is permanantly sealed there.

It didn't bark or whatever wolves do nor did it move it's mouth:

Wolf: Fear not
Me: What-Who are you?
Wolf: I am your Grandfather.
Me: Ah, What?
Wolf: Do not be decieved by the form I came in for this is the only form you can accept me.
Me: What?
Wolf: You never knew your grandfather neither did your father, but I took form of a man and forced your grandmother to lay with me.
Me: WTH?!?
Wolf: I am your Grandfather some worship as Mephisto, others admire as Mesphiste, and some fear as Baphomet. I will tell you my true name, but never reveal it to any human...
Me: Why now-Why m-me?
Wolf: Your name is {Kaddam}(It spoke a strange language for my name which translated into Kaddam). It means opening sacrifice.
Me: Look I want nothing to being with anything like this.
Wolf: You've no choice it is your nature-hence others will laugh, mock and hate you, but others will follow you whether you want it or not.
Me: Not
Wolf: As I've influenced many to follow me so will you influence others to make their own choice.
Me: Not me-I only care about me-
Wolf:-Yes a lone wolf, but a leader nonetheless.
Me: What?

At this point he disappeared, and slowly I was changing both inside and outside. This transfomation just completed its last stages as 2009 came about. Was it an hallucination? I still ponder to this day, but I am diagnosed with schizoaffective, so most likely it was. Yet it seemed so real even though it was so surreal. Funny thing is the only kinds of hallucinations I've ever recieved since that day was shadowy not as detailed as it was that day...

Believe me or don't, but as for my belief-well I did take the name didn't I?

#12 Vore

Vore

High Priest

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,499 posts
  • Interests:Desire fulfillment, Exploration of the senses, Exploration of other peoples senses, Kung Fu, Eternity, The humour innate in humanity.

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:20 PM

The above post.

#13 Spametta

Spametta

Inconnu

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • Interests:Splat.

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:44 PM

One upon a time, I took a scuba trip to the bottom of the sea. All sorts of strange critters came out and started dancing around me, singing song, wielding underwater poles with nets on the ends of them. They lived on odd homes, like domes, and stone henges, and pineapples... and rocks!

They took me to their place of sustenance. An old run down burger joint operated by a squat little old crab. He asked me if the world above was full of riches and treasure. I told him it's about the same as down here. Managers of fast food joints thinking they're at the top of the world. Anyways... I had a burger, but stuffed it away. Can't eat with scuba gear on.

I waved goodbye to the chipper little sponge, and crab, starfish, squirrel, and squid. They all seemed to sad to see me go. D= I'll never forget that dream... I mean... actual real-life strange event in my life... that was for real life. I swear. For reals, man!

#14 Hacker

Hacker

High Priest

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,287 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 03:24 PM

The strangest thing I ever saw was a husky young lad with a spot shaved into the hair on his head.

I kid, that's just Aaron.

I could rattle off a ton of strange shit but that's just from the illness. The real strangest thing I ever saw was in Marietta, Ohio, when my wife, younger brother, and I pulled to a stop sign. In front of us was a guy taking his donkeys to town with the donkeys in the bed of a pickup truck. The two donkeys started fucking while traveling down the road. The farmer guy gets out of the truck and tries to physically separate the two. My wife and brother were telling him he had a nice ass.

#15 Lethe

Lethe

Noble

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 3,604 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:12 PM

I have seen fingertips all bloody from having fingernails torn off.

A blue and red swing-set all set up and swingable... in a cellar.

A set of stairs in the middle of nowhere in a forest, built into a hill, leading nowhere.

A dead cat in a basket full of ribbons and string, on top of a kitchen table.

I have also seen violence and acts of hatred and bigotry... which is very strange and bewildering and upsetting. To me it is, anyway.

#16 loudsilence

loudsilence

Inconnu

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 1,390 posts
  • Interests:Music, vampires, reading and music, music, music. Concerts.

Posted 06 August 2009 - 02:20 PM

One night I was driving home and along the way at the corner of the street I was driving on and another I saw an animal control "dog catcher" kind of van with it's lights running and a bunch of people huddled around something. When I was able to see there was this "dog" that looked to be cut in half but immediately upon seeing it I thought it was some kind of "hound of hell" or at least that's what popped into my head as soon as I saw it. It had fang like teeth and was drooling spit and blood. I turned around after a few blocks to make sure that's what I saw and sure enough everyone and everything was gone. But there was the puddle of blood that the dog was sitting in but it wasn't fresh or anything. It looked like it had been there for a while. I'll never forget that image of the "dog" I saw or that night. It was just really creepy.

#17 Beorht

Beorht

Eternal

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,858 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 04:42 PM

Some years ago when in the car my parents at night driving along I saw a silhouette of someone on a skate board - went flying across the road (I think you call than an "Olly" or an "Ollie") but man did that person cover some distance. I'm sure such a stunt is possible, it probably was just a skate boarder, but man was that strange.

I went for a walk in this nature reserve / marsh / common thing a couple of years ago in the evening. On the way back, having walked through the gate and walking back to the road, I nearly jumped out of my skin where I saw a dark sillhoutte figure brandishing a sword. I stood there looking at it and decided it was a statue. I went to a party near there that night but didn't actually go back there till a couple of days ago and I didn't see the statue. They probably removed it. Still, I might have to go back and check just to be sure.

One time me and a friend went out for a walk one night, along some country roads. Infront of me I saw the silhouette of a human abdomen, shoulders swinging like a person walking. No arms, no legs, no head, just an abdomen. We were stoned so I could have been tripping but I remember being more freaked out about the cows in the field.

Saw a kind of amorphous shadow / silhouette thing down a road near where I live "walk" or float into an old house by the corner - I think it's a seventeenth century house.

Recently (ish) I was walking down the pathway to my house and saw a white thing in the threshhold by the door - another amorphous (ish) thing.

When I was fourteen I meditated, visualizing my unconscious as the sea that I submerged myself in. In the blackness I saw a crucified yellow-skinned bearded dwarf thing wearing a malevolent expression and a lioncloth. I stopped meditating a couple of days later I had a door kicked in on me and I saw the same thing, not crucified, by standing there and it vanished moments later.

There's this lane with houses either side, then a wall and bushes. People had talked about seeing an "alien thing" down there with a bulbous head and legs jointed like that of a dog. A biped with three jointed legs. They said it could be seen about two in the morning. Me and a friend were down there one night, not two in the morning, and I saw a silhouette thing with a bulbous head with framed by a faint white light. I was describing it to my friend and he said he could see the same thing. We both yelled out and ran away.

Edited by Bright One, 06 August 2009 - 04:49 PM.

#18 Mr. Amazing

Mr. Amazing

Inconnu

• Twilight
  • PipPip
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 07:37 AM

Well, when I was much younger, around 10-13 years old, I remember that quite often I used to see a pair of yellow to red eyes staring at me from the wall on the left side of my bed. It wasn't happening every single night but it went on for quite a long time (Age 10-13). They had a strange shape to them, I can't quite recall, but I remember that I quite easily identified them as eyes, most likely frowning. What's very weird is that I never felt scared looking at them, I was more...in awe. And I'd keep staring for about 1-2 minutes before falling asleep. At one point I told my mom casually about it and she called her cousin over who handles all sorts of paranormal stuff, she's really into it, they call her a witch in her home town :P She came over and performed something along the lines of a cleansing, can't remember exactly what she did. Either way, after that there were no more eyes on my left wall.

Let's see....about...5 years ago, I had a particularly nasty nightmare that I still don't brush off as a nightmare. It started very hazy, I was in the middle of a very, very thick forest, at a timber mill. The only light source was the moon and stars, I never looked up to see if it was full or not, but anyway, I was there with my dad, my mom and little sister. Mom was holding my sis somewhere behind me, close to a bunch of felled trees and was saying something I couldn't quite hear. Dad was somewhere in front of me. When I turned to see my dad for the first time in this dream, I saw a shadow leap at him and him falling to one knee, then heard the sound of legs running. My dad tried to get up and the same thing happened again, this time he fell on both knees. I was stunned and had no idea what was going on. Then the shadow came round one more time and this time I could see it, it was a HUGE, black ram, it charged my dad and finally brought him down, then stopped and turned to me. My mom was muttering something that I couldn't quite make out over the beating of my heart. I wasn't scared, more like survival instinct kicking in. It charged towards and I jumped and fell on my side trying to avoid it. It turned around and came at me again, landed on top of me and I had this...overwhelming sensation. I can't quite describe it, but if I were to take a wild guess I'd say it was trying to force its will upon me. This went on for a few seconds of me struggling when I managed to throw it aside as if it was a rag. Bare in mind that this thing was just about the size of a bull. Anyway, I threw it down and it laid there for a few seconds and started to whimper, at which point I got up, grabbed it by the horns, pushed it down, sort of to make sure it was actually weak, and then pulled it up by the horns till it could stand. After that its red eyes turned to a faint white and the haze dissipated.

Now, I'm not PARTICULARLY a believer of all things magical and whatnot, but I've wondered over the years if the eyes on the wall and the nightmare were related and if -something- was trying to take me over o_O

Moving on, I think my house is haunted. Every so often, I see a door moving a few centimetres by itself when there isn't a draft in the house, strange cracks and crashes coming from wherever you'd least expect it, the shadows on my ceiling at night turning into shapes that couldn't possibly be caused by the headlights of the cars outside. One time even, my balcony door literally flew open brushing the curtains aside. I went out onto the balcony to check if there was a storm and strong wind...but it was perfectly calm, not even a breeze >_>

#19 Beorht

Beorht

Eternal

• Twilight
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,858 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 04:36 PM

I went for a walk in this nature reserve / marsh / common thing a couple of years ago in the evening. On the way back, having walked through the gate and walking back to the road, I nearly jumped out of my skin where I saw a dark sillhoutte figure brandishing a sword. I stood there looking at it and decided it was a statue. I went to a party near there that night but didn't actually go back there till a couple of days ago and I didn't see the statue. They probably removed it. Still, I might have to go back and check just to be sure.

Right, I went back there today and it was a statue of Mel Gibson in Braveheart attire.

But I saw a strange thing today - that which might have been the rare and potent entheogenic toadstood Amanita Pantherina or the Panther Cap.

The USB connection on my phone is fucked but I took a picture of the photo on my phone with my webcam.

Posted Image

http://c3.ac-images....7bc1f92e01a.jpg

Edited by Bright One, 10 August 2009 - 04:40 PM.

#20 Silver

Silver

Ancient

• Twilight
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,094 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 07:14 PM

.... and saw what I would usually consider a satellite moving across the sky in a straight line. It disappeared, like a meteorite might when it's burned out, but appeared again before doing a turn like an aircraft then disappearing again.

I saw that once when I was a teenager. Out in the sticks, early one morning waiting for the bus. I thought about it all day, or, tried to think of a logical explanation I should say. Never decided on anything better than "wtf?".

The strangest thing I ever saw was a husky young lad with a spot shaved into the hair on his head.

I kid, that's just Aaron.

Nice throw-back burn!